The last few days it has seemed as if I sat quietly enough I might be able to actually watch the garden grow. Last week, when the mercury soared, I feared that many of my new plants would be lost. There were a couple of casualties - one cherry tomato and several of the pumpkin plants - but on a tour this morning I spied a future eggplant.
The squash bed is filling out nicely.
The surviving tomato plants are blooming with abundance.
This afternoon I plan to do some quilting. The pattern is called Big Baby Star. The quilt is a baby shower gift for a mommy that is using a retro-cowboy theme. I made my fabric selections using a swatch of her focus fabric and the paint chips she has chosen for the nursery.
Here's another 'Closet Top' quilt.
The pattern is called Candy Stripes and has been published in AP&Q magazine and one of their books. I would say this was my first official scrap quilt. I had previously made quilts with a scrappy look, but these pieces actually came from the scrap basket. The original has a pink ticking for the stripes, perhaps they were thinking cotton candy. When I found the black ticking, I knew I had my candy - Licorice!
Circa 2016 blocks are together
16 minutes ago