Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Poking my head out from the sawdust for a quick update. The kitchen is coming along quite nicely. Now I say that because at this point we are ahead of our projected schedule. The floor went in this week - a dusty, smelly process that chased us to a hotel.
The call came today that the counter tops are ready - over a week before they were due. They will be here Saturday to get them installed. Monday morning will be all the finishing touches - return the appliances, hook up the plumbing and add new lighting over the island. The final bit will be the hardware for the cabinets which hasn't arrived. I don't mind waiting for that because I'll be busy putting away and clearing the dust that has permeated the entire house.
In the meantime I keep working on those hexagons.
This is my little basting basket of pieces to connect the diamonds together. Soon I hope to have some actual progress of the top to share. Stay tuned.

17 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow, lucky girl to be ahead of schedule! I'll bet you are excited to see if all finished!

The Quilt Buddy said...

Don't laugh, but I thought that was a basket of crackers!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the reno.

Sharon said...

Those floors look AMAZING! I did laminate in my studio and sewing room but for the living area upstairs it will be the real deal when it's time to redo. Beautiful!

Yvonne said...

The floors are gorgeous!

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

Looking great! Love the beautiful wood floors.

WoolenSails said...

Loving your kitchen, the lighter floors really show off the cabinets. Are you machine or hand sewing the hexagons?

Debbie

Linda said...

You are brave to have unfinished hardwood installed and endure the finishing process! I think I'm going with engineered wood when our time comes later this year. Right now I'm enduring the dust from tile demolition in three bathrooms and it is horrific! I take comfort in that I'm not the only one cleaning up dust...upstairs and down. UGH! I love seeing your progress. Your floors are spectacular!

Paula said...

It's really looking beautiful... and I'm not surprised that you got great taste. I've seen it in your quilts too!!!

Dixie said...

Looking good, Libby! How great they are ahead of schedule. Let me know when you are ready to start the treadle project. Glad you are happy and keeping busy with the hexies.

AnnieO said...

Great news, things happening at smooth and fast speed, just like a well oiled sewing machine!

I'm sure your hexagons will go together the same way :)

Debby said...

It's gonna be beautiful!!

Greetings Debby'
the Netherlands

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Glad the remodel is going so well for you. Looking forward to seeing the finished kitchen.

kjquilts said...

The kitchen is going to be wonderful! I can't wait to see it when it's done. The hexagons are coming along too. Watching you do the hexs makes me want to start some too.

Darlene said...

Wow, lots of great progress. You're going to enjoy your new kitchen so much.

Delightful time with your needle & thread. :-)

Lori said...

Wonderful news! The kitchen is looking good and I hope everybody stays on task and you get everything back in order sooner then expected.
I can't wait to see your hexagons attached.

Diane said...

Oh my that is going so fast--seems like to me. Maybe not for you who are living with the noise, mess, smells. I can't wait to see the finished space. I love your new cabinets. I've been following your progress on your hexagon quilts--it blows me away when you show a picture of what you've accomplished-by hand.

Guðrún said...

I love your new kitchen, wow it looks so awesome. And that little wire basket you use for the hexagons is so cute.