Monday, January 04, 2010

This is a plea to anyone who reads this blog and lives in the San Diego area. One of the things that has helped make our move bearable has been my ability to listen to my favorite morning radio program via the Internet. Today when I logged on, I discovered that Dave, Shelly and Chainsaw (The DSC) are no longer on the air (no need to list the station call letters as it is now dead to me.) I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if they have simply moved to another station in the area. My days will surely be diminished without the likes of 'Voice in the Head,' 'The Dean of American Sports,' or a dose of The Half-Baked, Crack Pot News. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will pop up on another station real soon. If you know anything, please leave a comment or send an email.

*update* Please go to the Bring back Dave, Shelly and Chainsaw Facebook page for information. If you are still local - please attend the Lash Wednesday Rally.

9 comments:

Owens Family Adventures said...

If you check the radio channels online site it may have something on there. Try and find the forum page. Usually when there is a change to a station people will write in and demand an answer.
Hope you find out what happened!!
dawn

Sweet P said...

I hate when that happens! I don't have the answer. I do like being about to get my hometown stations on the internet when I'm traveling.

paula, the quilter said...

No help from me, but I sure do like your new banner. Is it in your yard?

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh! I felt like that when I lost my station here in Atlanta. Hope you find yours, I still miss mine.

JediAeryn said...

I'm a resident here in San Diego, and there's no news as to where they're headed yet.

Earlier this morning, their show website (www.dscshow.com) still redirected to the radio station's site. Now it's down completely. You might check later on, as I would assume it will have news and updates for their future plans.

quiltdolls said...

everything says that they are gone & to stay tune for news on where they are going.
(re: dave shelly & chainsaw)
other news it has been in the 70's in san diego.

kim
knaylor@san.rr.com

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, wow, how you must be loving the look of this snow, even if the temp. is a little trying!!
Loved the Christmas photos, pleased all is well with you, thanks for the visit, love Tracey

quiltdolls said...

hi from san diego
on the morning news they had story on your radio station. they were just cut off. station said that money problems were suggested.

kim

Chris said...

My San Diego Walking Partner is a DSC listener. She tuned in yesterday and the gist of the commentary was that they were offered a contract and they refused the amount of $ offered so they are just GONE! No news yet. However, she also told me that a guy she knows (she's well-connected) is buying three stations that will broadcast from Tijuana. It is possible that they will show up there.