Dabbling in randomness - that seems to be the order of my days lately. No one project grabs or holds my attention for any length of time.
On the kitchen remodel front, the work is now done. Here's a peek at how the floor turned out. First up the finish that was not what we bargained for.
And the new and improved finish.
My photography is not the best here. The first picture is from the digital camera, the second taken with my cell phone. A casualty of the remodel mess is I cannot locate my spare camera batteries or charger. So poor photography aside, we are so much happier with the new finish which is nearly identical to the original. With a little time for some aging of the new, the differences will soon be all but imperceptible.
Slowly but surely things are being put away in the kitchen. I told Hubby yesterday that we've made it back to where we started: only the boxes remaining from the move are left to be unpacked. The Princess has suggested that we have a ribbon cutting ceremony to unveil the finished results. I do love that girl - she comes up with some great ideas.
Progress is also being made in setting up the new quilting space. The decision was made to move camp from the basement to the bedroom we call The Tree House. It will be nice to do all my piecing above ground. The Tin Lizzie will stay below ground, but by moving the rest Hubby will have some usable in both places, too.
So amid unpacking boxes that have been toted upstairs I've been doing a little sewing. All work and no play makes Libby a cranky girl. Here are a couple things that have come from those itty bitty kits I showed last time.
And there's plenty more where those came from. I've hardly made a dent in those little bags. As much as I love little pieces of fabric, sometimes I have to take a break and work on a project that's just a little larger. Case-in-point, here's the new camouflaging curtain for the laundry room.
*no amount of finessing would turn this picture upright*
Our laundry room is really a small closet in the half bath on the main floor of the house. There were bi-fold doors when we moved in which had to be removed to accommodate opening the doors on the washer and dryer. This left the storage shelving above exposed. Not a particularly attractive sight. *voila* Now there is access to the washer and dryer without seeing the unsightly storage area above. The plan is to make a matching valance for the window. I think it might even be fun to do laundry when it's all said and done.
There's been a lot of hand stitching in the evenings, too. Hubby and I are Olympics hounds, watching as much of the coverage as humanly possible. Last night we stayed up well beyond our bedtime to watch Shaun White , who hails from our former home, take gold in the half pipe. Exciting to watch, but I am so glad I'm not his mother!
1 hour ago