Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To the untrained eye, it might appear that I missed out on National Quilting Day. While I didn't take a single stitch on that day, I did get the chance to participate in the fun. Fat Quarters Quilt Shop had a celebration that included making donations to either 1 Million Pillow Case Challenge or Project Linus. Immediately I thought of a quilt stashed away waiting to be donated. I quickly popped it in the mail to California.
As a thank-you, Fat Quarters offered a 30% discount on their pre-rolled fat quarters. Along with the quilt, I slipped in a request that a certain Quilt Pal of mine make the picks.
Didn't they get here fast? Aren't they delicious? I would highly recommend taking the opportunity to have someone make some fabric selections for you. You can easily see that there are fabrics here that I would gravitate to immediately. Others I might not. What a great way to stretch the bounds of your stash and keep your quilts from looking vaguely the same. I love them all and can't wait to incorporate them into a quilt.
Little Daisy is settling into our home and our hearts quite easily.
House-training is going well. She is training me just right. Not too much crying at night, much to our relief. Let's just hope that this little pose is just indicating that she wants to cuddle with my slippers . . . . not chew them to shreds.

25 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Ooh your masthead is very cute. And Daisy is so flufffffy.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Daisy just has the cutest face. I think I would sit a stare at her every day!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a lovely pile of FQ's! I can totally see you making them into something wonderful!
And that little Daisy Mae is just the sweetest creature...enjoy your training! LOL

Karen said...

Raising a puppy is like raising a child. It takes time. I am sure you will enjoy your bundle of joy.

I like the idea of someone picking fat quarters for you. Did you have any of the fabrics in your stash already?

Colleen said...

She is so cute! She would never chew... not that sweet face ;o)

KC Quilter said...

AWWWWWWWWWW.....

Sue said...

Why wouldn't Daisy settle into anyones heart. What is it about puppy's!!!.
Fats look great.

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

Daisy is adorable! You should have gotten two! LOL

Lori said...

What lovely fabrcis and a great way to celebrate NQD!!
I was wondering if she was getting ready for a little taste of the slippers;)

Angie said...

You are such a sweet person!!! Love your FQs and that pup is just ADORABLE!!! :)

Sweet P said...

Those are great FQs! I hope Daisy didn't chew the slippers!

Beth said...

What a fabulous bunch of fabrics you got there! Daisy is just so adorable! Looking forward to watching her grow up!

kelley said...

great selection of fat quarters...and Daisy is too precious, she is a total sweetie pie whether she eats those slippers or not!

Mad Red Hare said...

She is adorable! But I'll bet she is thinking about those slippers for a snack!

Loris said...

Great idea for celebrating quilting day :-) lovely fat quarters. And your pup just looks sweeter than ever. Golden Retriever pups are so fun! but yes, those slippers are toast.
Invest in all the Kong toys you can afford :-)

Stephanie D. said...

How soon before she is sleeping with you? Hmmm?? lol

Tandi is finally housebroken and allowed to sleep outside her crate now. After several weeks of that, she discovered sleeping with Mommy is pretty neat! She gets up early with my husband, who feeds her breakfast, then comes back to bed with me. First time I stir, she plops on top of me and gives tiny delicate little kisses until I wake up and give her lots of snuggles. Not a bad way to start the day, actually.

Quilt Hollow said...

Gosh Libby it is hard to decide with excitement of new FQs or Daisy...I don't know I think Daisy wins my heart this time.

Shakerwood said...

I suppose it was just like Christmas to get a package hoping what it might be. And being pleasantly surprised.

Of course, she was just cuddling. She wants to be close to you always!

QuiltedSimple said...

Daisy is adorable. I love how fluffy she is. Barlie had her first accident in the house this morning, then in the next instant went to the door to go out, so i'm not sure what is up.....
Kris

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Daisy is ADORABLE! Look at the picture! And boy - if I lived closer there are a few FQs there that I would sneak over and take!!!! Mmmm!!!!

Carol said...

Wonderful fat quarters...how fun to get a surprise package. Daisy couldn't possibly be any cuter...what a sweet face.

quiltmom said...

Libby,
Daisy is a beauty but oh I bet she will keep you busy for the next while. She has such a pretty face- She will be one beautiful large dog.
Hope your slippers survive her teething...

Love the fat quarters..It is good to stretch one's boundaries in life- some of us have a harder time stretching than others- I know I have to push myself to try some new things...
Regards,
Anna

Cathi said...

What a face Daisy has!! She is so adorable I'd probably spend my whole day playing with her. :-)
Hope your slippers survive teething.

Wendy said...

Look at that face...so adorable and she cuddles with your slippers too.

Guðrún said...

She is so cute. I love the fabrics you got. I don´t know if I would like to choose fabrics for someone else :)