Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm back! I just returned from a very refreshing week in the 'Land of The Princess!' And what fun was had. First off, there was sunshine. Lots and lots of sunshine. I wore my flip-flops every day.
This was the first time to see The Princess in her new digs and as real, honest-to-goodness nurse.
I made use of her professional services with changing a band-aid - she reminded me that she is a licensed professional!
Of course, I enjoyed many meals at some favorite restaurants. My beloved Mexican cuisine is everywhere. Also I delighted in things like this -
Jamba Juice is located in Massachusetts. But like many things, nowhere conveniently located to us.
I spent some fun times with the CQP's. We went to dinner, we met up at Fat Quarters for an evening gab fest, and we visited several other area quilt shops. Here is a peek at my Fat Quarters purchases.
The loot from my shopping adventures is still on its way here via UPS. Hopefully arriving any day now.
The Princess and I went to the Pasadena area over the weekend for a visit with extended family. Here she is posing in a park with Mark Twain*.
*Mark Twain is no relation.
I was sad to leave for sure. But is was great to see Hubby's smiling face at the airport after a long day of flying. And back at the house . . . .
someone else was pretty happy to see me, too.

23 comments:

Milah said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Your puppy looks like a big soft bundle of love! ;D

Quilter Kathy said...

How wonderful to see your daughter all settled into a fulfilling adult life! i look forward to that day when all that vocational and life choices angst are behind us!
It was fun to look at your fabrics and say "I have that" and "that's in my Saturday Sampler quilt"!!
Glad you had a great trip!

Stephanie D. said...

Welcome back! I was wondering how you were doing, since you haven't posted in a while. The Princess looks great in her scrubs!

And Miss Daisy looks as if she's afraid you'll leave her again. Poor baby, left behind with nothing but a GUY to love on her.

Kim said...

Happy to hear that you had time with your daughter and friends.

Catsngrams said...

What a fun trip and so wonderful that princess is finished and in a profession. Good for her.

Linda said...

Wow! It must be hard moving so far away from your daughter. Glad you had a nice trip! I am new to blogging and I enjoyed your blog very much. You are very talented. Thanks!

Julie in the Barn said...

I bet the Princess enjoyed your visit. She looks so much like you!! Glad the weather co-operated. Can't wait to see what goodies you picked up at your favorite quilt stores.

deb said...

how funny...my daughter is also transplanted in New England, and Im here...so I get to visit New England a couple times a year!!!
Im glad we had sunshine for your visit!!!!

Loris said...

So good that you can come west for some r&r :-) Princess looks quite happy about it too.
Great finds on your shopping excursions!
Love pats to Daisy :-)

kjquilts said...

Sounds like you had a good visit. It's always good to get home.

Carol said...

How very, very fun!

Lori said...

It's always fun to go and good to be home!
How fun to see your daughter is doing well and in her own place.

Shakerwood said...

Wow, a week of visiting and serious quilt stash re-supply.

The princess looks very professional!

Karen said...

Glad you had a good time and got rejuvenated with all your favorite foods.
I see you purchased Cheri's Folkart 2 block. I ordered it last week and already received it.

WoolenSails said...

It must be nice to see your daughter and having her doing something so special as a career choice.
Looks like you had a great time.

Debbie

AnnieO said...

California is a great place to fill up on sunshine and fun! My sister comes out from the midwest twice a year to do that :)

Glad you got some quality time and care from your Princess Nurse. Congratulations to her!

Sweet P said...

You had a wonderful visit home. The Princess looks so happy and proud. Isn't it wonderful when our children are finally out on their own and making their way in the world?

Dixie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Glad you got some Mexican food and Jamba. Orange A Peel with energy is my all time favorite!

Daisy has the cutest little face!

Jeanne said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter. She looks very professional in her nurse clothes. I love Daisy!

julieQ said...

Ah....I love to see nurses all ready to go, she is a beautiful princess, Mom! Glad you had a little time for fabric therapy...and glad you are home safe!

Yvonne said...

Happy to hear you had such a wonderful visit with the Princess. :)

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I have missed your posts because Life got in the way....but so glad to see all your news. Love the latest "things" you are doing.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what fun! She is so beautiful! I can't wait to see Holly this summer, although I"m still not sure about Oklahoma in the summer!