Sunday, August 08, 2010

Blogging buddies - you just never know what surprises they have in store for you. Last week I received an email from Carole of Quilting Adventures inviting me to join her for this month's breakfast club at the Quilted Crow. Heck yeah, I would like to do that . . . . so I contacted the shop and secured my seat at the table.
I hit the road Saturday morning with enough time to pick up a latte at Starbucks along the way. Not really sure what Carole looked like, I scanned the parking lot for an out-of-state plate before heading inside but there were only local plates. Inside I went, checked in, found a spot at the table and then started browsing the shop. Then I heard my name being called in another part of the store and there was Carole full of hugs and smiles.
We had a nice morning at the shop viewing all the new items available and hearing about up-coming classes. Afterward Carole took me to a great little coffee shop/bakery where we chatted over a cup a little longer. We even met a puppy in training from NEADS - gives me hope that Daisy can learn the skills that we have been working on.
Before heading back to the quilt shop, Carole shared a great farm store with me - Idylwilde Farms. We browsed the beautiful flowers and produce. I came home with a delicious quart of fresh blueberries.
Before we said our goodbyes for the day, Carole presented me with a little gift.
A darling pack of fat quarters from her shop. A wonderful and thoughtful addition to my stash. It was so nice to spend time chatting and getting to know Carole after having chatted via our blogs for the last 3 or so years. I'll be looking forward to another get together again sometime soon.

28 comments:

Lori said...

Ah, it sounds like a fantastic day!!

Loris said...

Well, that sounded like an awesome adventure. How fun to meet Carol and to enjoy such sweet treats!
Great way to spend a Saturday morning :-)

Quilt Hollow said...

It is fun to hear when blog friends meet. Sounds like good times to me.

Carol said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Kim said...

Hey, now this sounds like a fun and happy day and it's always so nice to meet a new friend. Glad to hear it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Lucky duck! A fun day with a quilt blogger friend AND a gift?!?! Sounds like a wonderful outing!

Darlene said...

Oh, you got to meet Carole - two of my favorite people meeting and having a good time. WooHoo!

Karen said...

sounds like a perfectly wonderful day!
Glad you got to meet Carole and discover some fun places around The Crow. I'm looking forward to September sewing...got my first 3 patten parts btw *smile*
Karen

Rhonda said...

Isn't it fun to meet our fellow bloggers. I see you have a great time! Good for you!

Screen Door said...

You--- You sound like --- the "groove" thing is moving along full swing. Man, It just feels good reading your post. I can tell you were smiling typing it up.
Love the black and red quilt. Can't wait to see the memory you create with the awesome fat quarter pack. And remember--- there is no life without coffee... Hang in there. You are in for a great Autumn I just know it.

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, good for the soul!

McIrish Annie said...

sounds like a fun day! glad you had fun at Friday Sew. back from vacation and back to reality. will be in touch soon!

McIrish Annie said...

sounds like a fun day! glad you had fun at Friday Sew. back from vacation and back to reality. will be in touch soon!

Carole said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me! I had such a wonderful time! You're amazing! Hugs!

Chartreuse Moose said...

Oh, sounds like a delightful, fun day!

Dixie said...

Just love it when two of my favorite bloggers get together! So happy it worked out for you both - what a magical day!

Shakerwood said...

You know I'm not afraid to meet a new blogger in person on some crazy trip! How fun to meet someone from blogland. And at a quilt shop to boot!

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, what a nice day :-)

Richelle said...

What a fun day! Always a great time when two friends meet, whether you have met in person before or not.

WoolenSails said...

That sounds like the perfect way to spend the day.
I know you will make something beautiful with the new fabrics.

Debbie

Guðrún said...

I wish I was there with the two of you!

Stephanie D. said...

Awesome! I love it when that happens! One of these days I'm going to just take a road trip and go see everyone in person. You're on the list, Libby!

Julie in the Barn said...

What fun! And congrats on getting your 9 patches for the swap done so quickly! I haven't even started yet (hanging my head in shame.) One of these days I'll be swinging by for a visit to your new place. We just got a travel trailer and are starting to plan our leaf peeping trip to New England.

julieQ said...

Oh, glad you had fun...and gorgeous fabrics that followed you home!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a lovely day..........would be great to meet up with Carole and you.........

MARCIE said...

How nice for both you and Carole! And doesn't she know just what you like! The FQs I'm thinking, but the pastry shop sounds good too!

Karen said...

What a wonderful treat to get to meet one of your blog buddies. And to get to spend time at The Quilted Crow!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lovely day sounds like to me. And the quilt you just finished is to die for. Love it.