Sunday, August 29, 2010

There's a new kid in town. Isn't that a great song? It is a Grammy winner and can be found on a multi-platinum selling album by the Eagles. (Did you know that the Eagles earned the very first platinum album recognition with their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 album released in 1976?)
Okay, that's a lot of music trivia for a mostly-quilting blog but I just couldn't resist. I got that opening line in my head and then I had to run with it. Truth be told, there is actually more than one new kid that I wanted to introduce in this post. First up . . . . .
the flying pig weather vane. Some of you may recall from previous posts that I find the flying pig eternally funny. You cannot help but smile when you see one. This guy is no exception. We picked him up last weekend on our trip to Maine. Hubby installed him on a fence post for me yesterday. I'm just tickled pink.
But there is another very exciting introduction for me to make as well. You may also know, I am a HUGE fan of the quilts designed by Cheri Payne. A quick search on this blog shows just how many of her designs have found their way into my home. Imagine my excitement when I learned that Cheri has started her own blog! Please stop by and say, 'Hi!' I'm sure she will enjoy your visit.

25 comments:

Carin said...

Libby I am a huge Eagles fan! I love your flying pig weather vane he is just too cute!

WoolenSails said...

I am not sure, but it might have been the eagles we saw in Boston at an open air concert, and that was the first time I met my husband.

We have a store called the flying pig, right down the road. They do have some items with her namesake on them.

Debbie

sewprimitive karen said...

omg the pig is adorable!

Shakerwood said...

Thanks for letting us know about the Cheri blog! Hopping on over there now!

Love the pig . . . . and the Eagles.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

So you must also like the "When Pigs Fly" bread that we can get around here-I'm assuming they have it in MA too. It's really good bread and made in Maine I think.

Christine said...

Love the Flying pig!!! Even more I love Cheri's quilts also....just purchased some of her kits at Farmhouse Woolens this summer,and also at Primitive Gatherings....am anxious to get started on them!@
Thanks for sharing about her blog!
christine

quiltdolls said...

thanks for telling me that cheri has a blog. here in san diego at the country loft we are all still crazy about her projects.

kim

julieQ said...

Thank you for link...and I love "when pigs fly" too!!

MARCIE said...

Oh Libby, you are a riot! Now when I drive down your street some day, I will find your house!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I"m so excited about cheri's blog! And I love that flying pig!

Carol said...

Love your pig! It is absolutely WONDERFUL!

Karen said...

I paid a visit to Cheri and became a follower. You know I love her designs!

Jeanette said...

Love your pig and thanks for the heads up about Cheri's blog, I'm excited about that!

Screen Door said...

OK--- all I keep thinking is.. forgive me... but you've got a naked pig!!!! what is that?!?! He needs clothes, a quit maybe.....I still giggling... a flying --- naked--- pig.....

Quilter Kathy said...

Hey...guess what?!? I saw the Eagles in concert in Toronto, Ontario in June...they were fabulous!
Love the flying pig *smile*!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Oh I love your flying pig, how fun and such a conversation piece with your neighbors.
I will enjoy visiting Cheri's blog thank you for sharing.

Guðrún said...

The flying pig is so cute.

Lori said...

Love the pig weathervane and sure apt to bring a smile to anyone who sees it!
Thanks for the link to Cheri's blog!

Linda said...

That little pig looks like he is smiling himself over being brought home with you...he made me smile too:0).

McIrish Annie said...

I love your little piggy! We saw Tom late in august and he was awesome as always. Glad you had good weather in Maine

tami said...

Did you find the "When Pigs Fly" bakery in Freeport on your trip? Adorable weathervane.

AnnieO said...

The Eagles Greatest Hits was the very first album I ever bought--I was 14 years old and played that album to death. Now I have it on CD and play it in my car :)

The flying pig is definitely smile inducing!

Karen said...

can't tell you how happy your post made me this am...
love the Eagles but the best was your flying pig weather vane. I love flying pigs, and even made one in a quilt many years back!! It was inspired by one of our favorite children's books about Perfect the pig who wished for wings and what happened to her when her wish was granted. Enjoy your piggy-- it is truly perfect!
Karen

Perry said...

I love your weathervane!

Carole said...

Love the weather vane! Yea, it would make me smile everytime I looked outside! I love stars and moon and witches on a broom so our weather vane is stars and moon. I almost got the witch on a broom but .... well.... it was best not too! Cheers!