Friday, October 08, 2010

Confessions of a bad blogger . . . . I just can't seem to hit my rhythm after our return from vacation. Oh, I unpacked the suitcases and made my way through the mounds of laundry that was in them. I got the cupboards and fridge stocked again. Even managed to run the vacuum a time or two. Beyond that I just seem to be spinning my wheels. Partly due to the days-on-end rains that passed our way. While it's true that I was born under a fog bank, I do not cope well with the deluge of water that falls from the skies here.
So I have just sort of been spinning my wheels for the last two weeks, accomplishing little beyond the daily required tasks that keep a home running. Hubby and I put a big bow on our anniversary celebration with a lovely dinner at a new-to-us eatery in a neighboring town. Thanks to all that left congratulatory comments. We enjoyed each and every one of them. With that said, I come to the confession portion of this post -
I mentioned previously that there were a few hundred entries on my Google Reader. Oh my, I almost felt like I was drowning in them. I read a lot, commented on a few and still the number of posts was not going down. Yesterday, I just hit 'mark all as read' and cleared the board. I began today with a clear slate, the sun is shining. Things are looking up.
I did pull out a hand quilting project from the deep, dark recesses of the basement.
So enjoyable to sit next to the fireplace and stitch in the afternoon.
There has been a little progress on Folkart Gathering, also*.
Our group is having two 'gatherings' this month so everyone has a chance to get to the quilt shop. Saturday I met with Suz (no blog) and started working on part of Block 2. Each of those applique ovals are the background for an applique star.
Hoping to pull out the machine and work on some of the pieced portions of that section soon. Also I need to get busy with the last of the Soot and Ashes blocks from Cheri's blog.
These are blocks 7, 8 and 9. If you haven't started this project, go take a look. They are really fun blocks to piece and take no time at all to put together. I've no idea what the finished quilt will look like, but that's half the fun.
Last but not least, take a look at this happy face.
Our little (little?) Daisy finished her obedience classes this week. The last class was the test to become a 'Canine Good Citizen' She passed with flying colors. We are so proud and from her happy face, I think she is too!



*this photo looks a little odd because it's actually a collage of two photos. The piece was too long to get in one picture.

25 comments:

Carin said...

Libby Libby Libby there are no blogging police, I think we all ebb and flow with our postings.
I love your hand quilting!

sewprimitive karen said...

That is one Happy Dog :-).

Lori said...

Sometimes I feel like I'm running in circles too. That's OK. I love your hand quilting project and it reminds me to get mine out now that the weather has chilled.
As far as blogging responses, good for you. One less thing overwhelming you!

Kathie said...

we all need a break sometimes and hey do what you have to do!
glad to see your hand quilting and oh blocks look great!!
Kathie

Sharon said...

Yes, it can all be a bit overwhelming. Reading, posting, doing. Just like this big give away. I looked at the list and just closed the blog. Too stressful to attempt. I figure if a blog I normally follow is having a give away, great, it not, I'm not chasing it! Yes, it's time to get out the hand quilting again, I've got a baptist fan w/wool that keeps me cozy while I stitch.

Jeanne said...

Way to go, Daisy!

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

Hi Libby Happy Anniversary! I am glad you two enjoyed your day. Despite having the "rain go away" blues, it looks like you have been busy stitching. Everything looks wonderful as usual. You always do good work. I wish it wasn't so rainy there, I wonder if that is the norm, or if it has just been that rainy since you guys moved there?
Way to go Daisy ! =)

WoolenSails said...

We all need breaks, and I will try and have some fun this weekend. Nice weather and the sun is out, so I will be outside, seeing what damage I can do to myself this week, lol.

Debbie

Karen said...

sometimes a blogger has to do what a blogger can do,and that means hit "mark all as read"! We've all been there and done that I'm sure!!
Loved puppy's photo, and congrats on getting his good citizen. It is quite the accomplishment.
Hoping to get to block #2 of my FG this week, and looking forward to seeing you soon
Karen

Rhonda said...

Libby, don't worry about it...as Carin said there are no blogging police...LOL......I think we all blog for fun and for friendship and we all understand.
Take care.

Jantine said...

Hit that button is exactly what I did after the holidays. I just made a fresh start and scrolled through the older posts while I was at it. You just can't read it all. By the way. I divided my feeds in maps, like friends, daily reeds but too a map with Monday, Thursday, weekend and that is the only time I allow myself get in that map and read the entries. Otherwise I would always start at the A and never ever reach the Z.

Highland Monkey's said...

Love your hand quilting, is it going to take ages to do? I have a quilt going but will machine stitch..although not done that before so I hope it doesnt get ruined.

Chocolate Cat said...

Do you know I made the decision over the weekend to do exactly the same thing! I love a fresh start!!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I don't notice the weather much anymore. Rain to me is good sewing and baking weather. Plus I have some really pretty raincoats! This past weekend was sure nice though. I was in VT where it was cold but I heard from my neighbors it was nice in NH.

ChrisC said...

Congratulations on passing the Canine Good Citizenship. I am very happy to find another quilter who also has a dog with a CGC!

Jen said...

I totally understand the running in circles feeling. We all come out of it sooner or later. Just remember what Dory in "Finding Nemo" said, "Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!" That cute pup will keep you from turning in circles for too long!

Wendy said...

I totally understand the rain thing, we get a lot months on end. I don't really have a solution. Not to worry I've had to clear the board a few times, there just isn't enough time for everything. Look at that sweet face of joy.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love whenever you get around to posting. I am always behind too. I adored the Wedding photo of long ago... Adorable. I too don't seem to be very productive for me...your stuff always is lovely.

MARCIE said...

Hi Libby! Happy Anniversary a little late. My blogging has slowed down for many reasons, but I still love you!

Julia said...

Don't beat yourself up about blogging. Daisy looks like a wonderful companian and friend :-)
Happy creating!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Great dog pic! And I must confess to not being able to cope with the amount of unread blogs, so am just calling around under my own steam, at this rate i'll catch up about 2102! Cheers. Tracey
ps loved the wedding pic!

julieQ said...

I so love to see your hand quilting, it has a special beauty all it's own. Hope you hit your stride soon!

Chris said...

Libby, If the weather is really getting you down, you might consider getting alight box to help lift you from your "funk." http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder-treatment/DN00013

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Libby - your blocks are awesome!! Congrats to Daisy - she looks like such a sweetie.

Sandy said...

This too shall pass, Libby. And who knows...from this down time may come a spark of inspiration for a new quilt!

I completely believe the tag line of my blog:

A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn.

DownGoodHopeRoad.blogspot.com