Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Are you getting excited? I am. Christmas will be here before we know it. Even at my current advanced age I cannot help but get excited that the big day! I love to wake up early (really early) on Christmas morning. The rest of my family may not be quite so anxious, but they play along because they know I find it so magical.
A couple of posts back I showed a photo of quilts that are hanging in our hallway. I've had several comments and emails asking about the red 9 patch quilt.
It is a pattern from Blackbird Designs. Several years back they offered a series of patterns to make a quilt called Christmas Memories. In each of the four pamphlets there were 'bonus' patterns to make. And this quilt is one of those projects. It is called Little Ben's Quilt. The patterns are available here. I just couldn't resist it - the ticking and those vintage strings of lights, well they just say, 'Ho Ho Ho.'
Gotta go, plenty to be done before the big day!

10 comments:

julieQ said...

I am excited too!! I love Christmas morning...it is just so much fun! Merriest Christmas to you, dear Libby! By the way, your age is not so advanced...I suspect we are almost the same, and I am definitely a youngster...Hee!!

WoolenSails said...

I don't think you are excited, enough, lol.
I get that way too, even though I can't do anything, it is the anticipation.

Debbie

Janet said...

Hi Libby,
Thank you for the picture and info. You did a great job.
Your excitement makes me excited.
Thank you.
Janet

Quilter Kathy said...

It is a lovely pattern and you made it into a fabulous quilt! I feel like I can't get excited until more of my work is finished and I am better prepared. Hope I accomplish a lot tomorrow!

quiltmom said...

Christmas is an exciting time of year- I vacillate between being overwhelmed by all the things that I want to do and trying to relax and enjoy the signs of the seasons.
We are going to miss having our son with us for the first time as he has gone to spend Christmas with his girlfriend's family.
However, we are also determined to enjoy the season. Today I finished the last of my Christmas shopping( I think) and am going to do a bit of baking this evening.
Tomorrow I will work on a quilting project that I want to finish for the weekend. It is placemats so it is not too big a project.
I do love your Santa quilt- Blackbyrd designs are quite lovely..
Have a wonderful festive season.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Libby, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Loved seeing your Christmas Quilts and enjoyed the pics of your sweet pup in the previous posts. The santa and pup photo was awesome.

Carol said...

Libby that quilt is just wonderful! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

sewprimitive karen said...

That is cute! Perfectly Christmas. Have a Merry One, Libby!

Barb said...

Oh yes, I am getting excited. I love Christmas day!
Thanks for posting about this wonderful quilt.
What a warm and delightful one!

Lori said...

The quilt is adorable!!
I get up early and make a special breakfast of Aebleskiver, then wake everybody up and tell them to come and eat!! I love Christmas!!