Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - everywhere you go. But I'd say nowhere more than right here in my own home. This is Daisy's first Christmas and all the hubbub is keeping her on her toes.
She has helped to decorate the trees.
There was a photo session for our Christmas card. I never even got a picture of her wearing the Santa hat. It was down over her eyes and she just looked miserable. All of my laughing probably didn't help.
This idea didn't exactly pan out either - Daisy wants NOTHING to do with items in her mouth unless they can be eaten.
In order to get a more perky looking pup, I posed her while holding a doggy treat in my teeth or balanced on my head.
Take a closer look and you will see the drool on my scarf. Yes, it's headed to the dry cleaners.
This past weekend was the big holiday season kick off in our little town. Lots of church bazaars and activities at local businesses. We joined in by purchasing a wreath for the door from our neighbor church's craft fair. Daisy visited with Santa at the kennel where she goes to daycare - (photos pending.) I hope they are good because we won't be doing that again next year.
Just before sunset* on Sunday the townsfolk gathered at the Common for the arrival of Santa. He rode into town on a fire engine to officially light the town tree.
We stayed just long enough for the lights to go on and headed straight home. Gosh it is cold! And not a flake of snow to be found. If it's going to be this cold the least it could do is snow. Good thing you don't need snow to enjoy hot chocolate. That's how we closed out the weekend, steaming mugs of hot chocolate topped with mini marshmallows and a holiday movie. A scene to be recreated again and again this month.

*It was SO cold that the zoom feature on my camera would not work. A quick 'lens error' message and then the camera would power off. Poor camera :-(

26 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I had a dismal photo session with my dog this week ...all the photos show her with an attitude :) Hope you have time for lots of hot chocolate and Christmas movies this month!

Karen said...

We are having unseasonably cool weather right now in Florida. Not cold enough for snow. We don't have snow even when it gets cold enough and that is very seldom.

Daisy just isn't into Christmas. Too young to understand, I guess.

WoolenSails said...

My dog will have nothing to do with hats.
But he does love opening presents, so I cannot leave them out anymore, lol. Your town looks beautiful for the holidays. I missed our tree lighting, we have santa come in on a boat and his reindeer are kayakers.

Debbie

Lori said...

Oh my, Daisy is so hilarious! I can picture you sitting there with a doggy bone in your mouth trying to make her look happy!!! What a hoot!

kasthurirajam said...

wow.........Beautiful

Shakerwood said...

Don't know if you remember the pic I posted last year of Nelson and Reagan in their reindeer antlers.
It took me over a week of training before I could get them to sit still long enough! Don't know if we can top it this year or not. Probably won't try.

It was 14° here in sunny South Carolina this morning. Can't even imagine what you have. Are you and Daisy braving the cold for a nice long walk?

Loris said...

Mosley is the only one who will cooperate (a little)for the camera. I can't hardly even get spontaneous shots of the girls...very camera shy! Daisy looks adorable even when she is not pleased. She seems to work very well for cookies though.
Enjoy those movies (we are :-)

Carol said...

Daisy with the scarf is darling...to get my 2 to pose for a picture is almost impossible...we end up laughing like crazy!

julieQ said...

He is a doll! Our dog does not mug for the camera either...what a fun event for the holidays! Brrrrr!!

annieb said...

Oh Daisy is adorable! Love the drool on your scarf...mine doesn't pose even for food. Seems I can only get shots of her when she is sleeping as she doesn't like the noise my camera makes when I turn it on...

Chocolate Cat said...

That photo of Daisy in the scarf is adorable! Think we are going to attempt some Christmas furry friend photos this weekend! I'll let you know how they go!

Deborah said...

Daisy is the cutest! Love her pictures. Hot chocolate and Christmas movies is how I spent my Sunday.

AnnieO said...

A little drool won't hurt you much! Looks like a great start to the holidays at your house. It's been cold here (relatively speaking) but hot chocolate sounds yummy anytime cold air is around!

Julie said...

oh i just love your daisy girl! i have one exactly the same named ruby. i can so relate to the drooling issue. messy but gosh we love 'em don't we.

merry christmas! and kisses to beautiful daisy. xox

sewprimitive karen said...

You need to get a New England camera :-).

Cathi said...

Your description of how you took photos of Daisy made me laugh out loud!
It's bitterly cold here too but no snow yet.

Milah said...

Love your doggie in her red scarf!

Candace said...

I can't get over how much Daisy has grown, Libby! She is so beautiful! Her first Christmas will be so much fun! Your town common could be the same as the common in the park just down the street from us - aren't small towns wonderful!
Cheers!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Haven't you heard the New England saying, "It's too cold to snow"? Seriously, when it's this cold the air is from Canada and the moist air from down south can't get up here to make snow. It's been an unusual year to have no snow yet. Can't remember when that happened before.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You can take the girl out of New England but you can't take New England out of this girl... your lighting on the square made me homesick. I love, love, love Daisy's photo with the scarf!

Sharon said...

I gave up on the dog photos, but seeing Daisy with her scarf has given me hope. I will try this tomorrow in front of the tree at work. Yes, my dog comes to work with me every day. She's special...

Finn said...

oh my yes, happy holidays with a golden in the house. It's not just her "puppy-ishness" that will keep her nose in everything you do and bring in.
They are curious dogs to the nth degree, alert and friendly to most everything..Santa hats not included.
Love the pics...hope you get some snow soon. We've got just a covering in my part of WI, but as much as 8" north of us.
Second winter..you're a real 'nor-eastern now!

Dixie said...

Love the picture of Daisy with the red scarf! She just keeps getting cuter! Your Christmas tree lighting looks wonderful! Hope it gets a little warmer for you soon.

Quilt Hollow said...

Daisy with the red scarf is Christmas card perfect!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

She is absolutely adorable! I never can get chloe to take cute pics. She goes nuts!

Stephanie D. said...

I've never been anywhere (with a camera) so cold that my zoom didn't work, but I remember my ball point pen not working outside once. Had to go inside and warm it up a bit before the ink would flow.

Daisy is adorable! Give her a couple of Christmases under her belt and she'll be an old pro at posing!