Sunday, January 23, 2011

Holy Cow! How did the time get away from me? Thank you for all the great birthday good wishes. I have been celebrating and celebrating - mostly outside in the snow. Guess I just can't get enough of the snow. Now I know that some of you lifetime snow-folk don't find the same joy in the white stuff as I do, but boy-oh-boy are we having fun!
Here is a typical view of Daisy at play.
She is a master at 'breaking trail.' Why would you want to retrace your steps when there is fresh, fluffy snow to be tromped through?
She also likes tackling the VERY high piles that the snowplows leave behind. Here she is near one of the summits.
Even with all the wintry weather, there are still squirrels up in the trees. The need to be chased!
Looks like she may have spotted one.
Just when you think that you've seen a lot, another storm passes our way.
Can you find the mailbox?
Have I mentioned that I enjoy shoveling?
I cleared the driveway and the entrance to Hubby's side of the garage last week during a storm. Now I'm not silly about it. I left the entrance to my side of the garage covered. Hubby likes the chance to play with the snow thrower, too. With a 4wd pick-up, I knew I could get out if I had to. It's fun that there's enough snow to share.
The next day, the sky was clear and so were some of the sidewalks. Daisy and I ventured out on a walk.Poor girl, she had to work at getting a good view.
Look at The Common.
I got this photo before they cleared the sidewalks. It's almost filled with snow. I think it looks beautiful and peaceful.
All of that outdoor activity can make a girl tired.
She does love her pillow pal . . . . but then she made a new discovery upstairs.
Is she trying to tell me she would like a bedroom of her very own?
On the quilting front, I have been getting some stitches in my hexagon project every day. I finished the last of the diamonds and now need to make some odd shapes to fill in the outer edges.
This will fill in the top edge.
And this will fill in the sides.
Now that the block construction is done, the top is growing quickly. It's almost exhilarating to see the progress.
Some very exciting things are happening here at home right now. If I am not around much in the coming weeks, just know I am very busy and will be back soon with all the details . . . . stay tuned.

30 comments:

Jeanette said...

Glad you are having fun in the snow. :-) Your quilt will be a work of art! You are getting so close, it's going to be amazing!!

suz said...

I can't wait to hear how much you love the snow by the end of the winter! I'm pretty much snowed out at the moment. I can handle one storm a week, even 2 - but 3 did me in this past week - I hauled up the white flag Friday and stayed home! And there is snow to look forward to on Wednesday - woo hoo! Oye! See you Sunday!

quiltmom said...

You and Daisy are having some fun in the snow aren't you!
We have had lots of snow this winter and it looks pretty here. Our shoveling arms are getting a bit tired though.
I love your quilt - the colors are so pretty and it is coming together beautifully.
I will look forward to hearing all your news when you get time.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Kathie said...

ok how can you leave us hanging like that????
more construction????
cant' wait to hear the news, see the pictures...
that quilt is going to be amazing, your so close to being done congrats
and I love the snow too :)
Kathie

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, the snow is so gorgeous and Daisy is such a happy dog! Thank goodness you have finally realized that Daisy should have a bedroom of her own :-).

Quilter Kathy said...

Your hexagon quilt is so amazing...I can't even imagine the number of hours you have put into this masterpiece!
Loved the snow photos!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Daisy looks like she really enjoyed her day in the snow. She is so beautiful.
Your quilt is amazing, such a treasure, I love it!!
Look forward to hearing about your mystery.

AnnieO said...

That Daisy girl does love the snow as much as you do! Glad you are getting your fill of it:)

The hexagons are amazing--I can see stars as well as tumbling blocks in that layout. Very exciting!

Can't wait to hear the story about what's going on around there...

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I know what's going on-there's another freakin' snow storm coming this week! I have been getting paid snow days off though so I love it! My grandsons love the big piles too. I just posted pictures of them in the snow and my piles are bigger than yours.

annieb said...

Your Daisy and my Chloe would have a blast together - we have lots of snow too and walk time is very exciting!

WoolenSails said...

Snow is much more fun with a furry pal to enjoy it with. Mine loves to plow through the deep snow. I can't wait to hear what you will be up to, sounds exciting.

Debbie

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Kids, dogs & snow are always a great mixture! Your snow pictures are so neat - I love 'em. I love snow too, just wish it didn't hang around so long. I've heard that New England has had a lot of storms this year. I am in that same boat with you - and it's getting old.
Can't wait to see your "hex" quilt!

Julze said...

oh my Daisy is ADORABLE! I love the photo of her on the bed LOL! Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth pic!

Chocolate Cat said...

To me (who doesn't get snow) it looks like lots and lots of fun!!! Daisy is so cute!

Kim said...

Your enthusiasm for the snow is appreciated - somebody has to be happy about it and it may as well be you and Daisy Girl. Happy shoveling! :-D

Janet said...

Welcome back. The snow is lovely.
Is Daisy as sweet as she looks?
The quilt is coming along great. Can't wait for the next installament.
Janet

Anne said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow. Like you, I also like to shovel snow.
Are we weird? LOL Daisy is adorable playing in the snow.

Love those hexagons. Can't wait to see what you're up to next.

Mimi said...

I love your quilt. At times I see boxes and other times I see stars. It is amazing and I have loved watching your progress on this one. Sure love watching you puppy enjoy the snow, too.

Dixie said...

So excited to see your progress on the hexagon quilt! The snow is beautiful and glad you are getting to enjoy it. Can't wait to hear about your news! Daisy is so cute.

T.A.W. said...

Isn't the snow wonderful? This is my first winter in Massachusetts (I'm a Texan) and while everyone else is cursing the snow me and my dog are out playing in it and loving it. Oh, and I love your hexagon quilt!

Kelly Ann said...

reminds me of my first year up there..which also reminds me of this question I asked my new husband..."can you get a job transfer south?"

Jantine said...

Love the snow pictures!
This hexagon quilt is great, I admire you for sewing all those yellow hexagons on and on and on... I would have been bored with the color and stopped somehow!

Sharon said...

Glad you and Daisy are enjoying the winter season. Here, just more rain and my pooch doesn't really like to get her feet wet! Your hexi is amazing, i'm so glad that there are a few people out there still doing big projects by hand, and your work is fabulous

Judy C said...

Looks like your Daisy is having fun in the snow. I know your common you are not far from where I live.
I love the aspergas festival they hold on that common every year we stive not to miss it.

Stephanie D. said...

Daisy is so funny! But then, she is growing up there and adapting well--wonder how she'd feel about sandy beaches? She'd probably love that too.

I'm thinking Santa needs to bring me a snowblower next Christmas!

Sweet P said...

I'm so happy you are enjoying the snow. I am a lifelong snow resident and I still love it! Are you ready for our next storm on Wed and Thurs?

Wendy said...

You made me laugh about the taking turns with the snow blower. It's fun when the snow is soft and dry not like our wet slushy snow we get. I'm glad you guys are having a blast.
The quilt is awesome!

Brandie said...

Wow! That's a hezy project. You must be having fun or you wouldn't continue. I salute you.

dee said...

Beautiful hexxie quilt. That Daisy cracks me up. Really glad you're enjoying the beauty of the season. Hope you won't mind if I put in a small wish for an early spring though. Maybe I'd feel differently if I wsn't up here on this dang icy hill. Sliding downhill in a 4-wheel drive vehicle is less fun than it looks. I do enjoy seeing the stuff through your eyes though. Remind me to buy my next house on flat land.

Regina said...

Awwww glad you and your dog are having fun in it. I'm a Cali girl and have only been on the East Coast since December 4th. Me and my dog are NOT loving it.

Sam (my dog) has been loving the nights though. I'm so cold I've let him come into bed to warm me up. He has to be gone before my husband gets home from work though.