Friday, April 22, 2011

Do you sometimes feel like you are in one of those old movies where they show the pages of the calendar flying away to show the passage of time? It has felt that way over the last week. Just turned around and *poof* it was gone.
While are still living in a state of limbo, Daisy and I have continued our plan of getting out and exploring something daily.
There are morning glories that are growing on the banks near the beach where we walk. It's hard to tell from this photo, but this bloom is bigger than my hand. I've never seen them so large before.
This sculpture makes me smile. She is just so exuberant. She can be found not far from the fellows on the life guard chairs that I shared last week.
I have enjoyed visiting the farmer's market each week.
Not only is it great to be out walking in the sunshine, but just look at the delicious bounty that now fills our fridge.
On the quilting front, a friend did some quilting for me this past week and the quilt came home to me on Wednesday.
I shared the piecing of the top in this post last summer. You can see that it has been quite patient waiting so long for its quilting.
I've been working on the stitching down the binding. It will still grace a bed in the guest room when complete. Only 18 days left until we sign the papers on that guest room. Is someone counting? Oh yeah - that would be me!

18 comments:

Mimi said...

I just finished (or I should say it is at the quilters right now) a triple irish chain and I have to say it is amazing how different they can look by the fabrics that you choose. Your quilt is lovely and makes me think I might not mind trying to make another one. Thank you for sharing.

The Civil War Quilter said...

I love your Triple Irish chain quilt.Your color choices make it look vintage. I wish that monster Morning Glory was blooming in my garden now! It's still chilly and drizzly here in SE Iowa. I'm glad you are at least getting to enjoy the outdoors and sunny weather!

Carol said...

Oh Libby, you are Daisy are having such fun adventures. I love, love, love, that quilt!

WoolenSails said...

That is one thing I would love in warmer climates, fresh fruits and vegetables. By the time we get them, they are not that fresh;)

Debbie

Kim said...

Hi! Thanks for a fun post - enjoyed it during my coffee break. I know it's difficult to wait to be settled once again, but I do hope you continue to enjoy the time for roaming and rediscovery before the move and all that entails. Maybe you'll find your thimble while unpacking. Hope it's not lost forever. Love your new quilt - can't wait to see it all washed and scrunchy. :-D

Kathie said...

oh I just love this quilt...using the dark for the background is just wonderful!!!!
oh now I want to make this quilt too , it just sparkles!
thanks for sharing it with us...I am counting down the days for you too!
Kathie

terry said...

Luv your quilt. Looks like you had no trouble getting back into the California way - beach and sun.
A word of caution - the flower you refer to as a morning glory looks to me like "loco weed". Don't know the correct name, but loco weed grows wild at least in So. Calif. While it looks pretty, this is part of the lure. Not sure if its poisnous, but legend has it that it got its name because those to ate/smoked it became loco. Just saying .....

Terry in So. Calif.

julieQ said...

Yes, time truly is flying!!! I still have my quilt kit...that lovely Irish chain...all packaged up...yours is GORGEOUS!!

Candace said...

Daisy is one bi-coastal dog - she really gets around and sees some very interesting sights! How wonderful that your quilt was so patient - very worth the wait! I'll be counting the days with you, Libby!
Cheers!

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous quilt! Did you find your thimble??
Enjoy the great weather and fresh produce! I can't wait for summer!

Lori said...

The quilt is wonderful! Is that an Irish chain? How fun to be at the end.
I'm really jealous of your fresh bounty. We are still trying to find spring here!

Dixie said...

So pleased everything is coming together for you, Libby! Can't wait until you are in your new home. The veggies look marv and your new quilt turned out like a great, cozy antique!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Hi Libby,
The thought of going for a walk on a warm beach, shopping at a farmers market for delicious vegetables, well....no I don't dare that is just to far off for me. But I am glad for you and Daisy!! Good luck with your missing necessitites, I lost my thimble this year and was so excited when I found it.
Love your quilt, that will be so wonderful on your guest bed.
Counting the days with you, can't wait to see your treasures all in their new home.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ummm, that quilt is wonderful! I have some reading to see where you are and whats up in your world!

Guðrún said...

You sound so happy :) Are you born and raised in California?

MARCIE said...

Another dynamic quilt Libby! Beautiful! And I love morning glories! I keep trying to grow them but am an utter failure (which is different than "udder failure").

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

An exciting new beginning for you... I am so happy for you. Love the hex quilt and the irish chain,... as always fabulous. I just might get inspired!

ButtonMad said...

What a great quilt. All that fresh produce looks so good and healthy...time to get out to the market!