Monday, May 02, 2011

*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? Seriously? It seems that the apartment complex that we are temporarily calling 'home' is in some sort of Internet black hole. Our ability to get online and stay connected is a very hit-and-miss thing.
So what have I been doing instead of surfing the information super-highway? Well, I spent a lot of time with the royals toward the end of last week. You've all seen the photos - beautiful bridal gown, neat and tidy military uniforms, hats that leave you wondering. But I bet you haven't seen this -
This gal was on a program discussing the royal jewels. She was not a random, woman-on-the-street interview. No, she is some sort of published authority on the subject. And now my hair style inspiration. From now on when I fall back on just pulling my hair into a ponytail (which is pretty much every day) I will no longer feel that I am lazy or uninspired.
Hubby and I laugh almost every day over the fact that Daisy is NOT a morning dog. She much prefers to lounge around until the crack of noon. You can imagine that the early hour of the royal wedding was not to her liking at all. So I had to laugh when I went looking for her after the balcony kiss.
Looks like Billy Goat had a rough morning, too.
On the home front, we will be finalizing our purchase this week. It looks like things may come together so that we can close escrow a few days early. With that in mind, we were out doing a little shopping this weekend. We are looking for some new area rugs and a patio set. What we came back with was this:
I couldn't resist. It suits me for sure. I think it will look great right near the front door.

21 comments:

Karen said...

I will be sure and "Be Nice" when I come to visit. Sounds like you are very serious about this. Love the sign!

MARCIE said...

Love that sign! It makes me laugh! How very exciting to be getting a new house. And obviously Daisy was thrilled with the wedding.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Was her hair still on rollers? I love the sign, that's too funny!! Daisy is simply adorable, and very comfortable too, I might add.

McIrish Annie said...

Girl, that hairstyle definitely suits you! LOL! spent some time with the Royals myself this weekend but I was lazy and DVR'd it.

Good sign! hope the closing goes smoothly and quickly!

Betty was asking about you yesterday. Told her you were back in Cali. She thought you were a NE girl. I told her "nope, just her quilts!"

WoolenSails said...

Love that sign, that is funny.
I am a pony tail gal, brush it out and pull it back, no time to fuss with my hair;)

Debbie

Loris said...

Daisy looks like she is just in pure bliss there. Wow, if we could all sleep like that! She is so beautiful all grown up. And her hairstyle looks just perfect! The royals and their watchers should take note.
Love the new sign. Happy soon to be moving in. Glad it is all moving along.

Linda said...

I'm so anxious for you to get into your new home since I so very much enjoyed pictures of your New England home. Are you far from where you lived in California before your move out East? Love the two pictures behind Daisy and would like to know the designer of the one with the cat and church.

sewprimitive karen said...

Libby, you're a riot. Good thing you had an alert Daisy Dog to keep you company during the wedding. Sorry about the lack of internet, though.

Angie said...

LOL I definitely need one of those signs too!! :D Love how Daisy views life... :D
Hugs to both of you!

AnnieO said...

Hilarious hairstyle, matches some of the outrageous hats (Joan Rivers said Fergie's daughter looked like she was wering her IUD on her head, rofl). Personally, as a MOTB this year, I am patterning my dress after the one Camilla wore. NOT.

Funny Daisy!

Great sign. Maybe hang it on the front porch...

kelley said...

Daisy looks absolutely perfect on the bed...who couldn't nap the day away there...

good luck on the house going through without a hitch...

The Calico Cat said...

I saw that lady too & wonder what the heck was going on with her hair.

I for the record love Camilla's dress.

Barb said...

I love your sign!
Daisy looks so content on that beautiful bed.

dee said...

that crazy looking woman is Cathy Horyn. She's an "authority" on fashion....ahem...and has had her 15 minutes somewhere around 1989. I think writes for WWD and that should tell you all you need to know about fashion today.

Love that Daisy dog!!

Lori said...

That woman is hilarious! ROFLMAO!!!

Brandie said...

Hubby and I watched the same show. All he could say was, "she knew she was going to be interviewed, couldn't she fix her hair?"
I guess her only excuse is, she's English!

Candace said...

She looks like she has a roller in her hair - too funny!! Daisy has it right - play hard and sleep till noon! We all should have such a wonderful dog's life (wink)! How exciting that the house is almost closed! I'd be shopping, too - and that sign is just fantastic!
Cheers!

Dixie said...

Ha, ha - did you happen to get that sign at an antique store in Temecula? We got one last time we were there that starts with: "Lost Dog" and the rest of it is not something I should mention in polite company, but Jim loves it and we chuckle every time we see it! Love our California humor! I can relate to Daisy!

Guðrún said...

I am so excited to see your new house!!! Love that sign *LOL*

Quilts And Pieces said...

That picture of Daisy is adorable! I love the hairdoo!

Susan Being Snippy said...

I really need one of those signs!