Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm busy getting ready to go to quilt camp. A high priority is to gather necessary supplies for the projects (which are all mystery projects) being offered and I started doing just that a few days ago. Then I got together with some of the Quilt Pals that are also going and a conversation about the projects came up. Suddenly I realized that somewhere along the line there had been a breakdown in communications when it came to fabric requirements.
After reading the supply list, here is what I put together -
25 - 1" strips of fabric at least 9" in length.
After confirmation from the camp instructor, this is what I am now taking -
25 fabrics that are each 1/4 yard (9") Thank goodness for friends. I would have been over in a far, dark corner trying to put together a micro-mini quilt with my little dabs of fabric.
Today's lesson: Interpretation is everything.

20 comments:

Vicki W said...

lol! Sounds like something I would do. At least you had plenty of fabric!

Quilts And Pieces said...

That is really funny!

Karen said...

You would have been lacking just a bit of fabric. Funny how it is so easy to interpret instructions so differently from what the creator meant.

Dixie said...

Ha, been there! Thank goodness you learned in time. At a class once I didn't have the right supplies, so I "coerced" the teacher into giving me a hand quilting lesson! Kinda felt guilty about it later, but she seemed to enjoy it!

WoolenSails said...

Love your fabric choices, can't wait to see what you make.

Debbie

AnnieO said...

OMIgosh, that is funny. Sounds like a misread I'd make :) Glad you'll be out in the light playing with quarter yards with all your friends!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Whew! Crisis averted!! I can't wait to see what beauty you create. have fun. (I've done things like this before too...)!

Karen said...

thanks for the morning chuckle! That would totally be me...sitting in back corner with you trying to make a micro-mini out of my little scraps of fabric!
Enjoy your retreat...and I guess I should start thinking about getting my stuff together for my class at VQF! Don't want to be delegated to a corner lol

dee said...

Have fun at camp Libby. Those fabrics are so great. Can't wait to see what becomes of them.

Lori said...

Hey, that sounds like a trick I would do! Well, now you have some lovely strips...... have a fun time!!

Barb said...

Oh my, it appears many of US would have been sitting in the dark corner with you...that would include me :>)!! I always read and read again, and then still second guess what I am taking, love your blog post! Have a wonderful weekend!

MARCIE said...

Oh my gosh Libby, you were saved from a terrible fate! Have a blast at quilt camp! I envy you!

Kathie said...

have a wonderful time!!!
yummy fabrics can't wait to see what it becomes
kathie

Candace said...

The good news is you now have some great fabrics cut for another project, Libby! Enjoy quilt camp and getting together with your friends!
Cheers!

Melanie said...

Have fun...tKe tons of pics.....

Sharon said...

I'm glad you figured things out in advance. But I'm sure there would be LOTS of fabric to share from at a retreat! Have fun

Susie said...

Yikes! That was a close one.

The Calico Cat said...

I'll add that yo my list of reasons not to do a mystery quilt.

deb said...

too funny....glad you found out before you got there!!! Have fun!!!

blessedmom's simple home said...

You just amaze me with your quilts. Have fun at quilt camp :)
Blessings,
Marcia