Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday already? The weekend went by very quickly. Hubby and stayed busy both days working around the house. First up, of course, was finishing up those stair treads.
It's those little things that really change the place from a house to our home.
I had several requests for the name of the place where I found them. It's called Country Wares. They have a lot of fun things, not just stair treads.
The reason the search went on for so long was because I really wanted that particular pattern and color way. Why?
To match the other rugs we have.
Daisy would not have understood if we got a non-coordinating set of rugs.
Home Depot was lovin' us this weekend. First we purchased some storage cabinets for our garage. Then we picked up some cement in order to plant our first garden item.
The bottle tree. I don't believe I've shared it before, but we did have this in New England. It was only planted for a couple of months. We decided to dig it out before the ground froze 'just-in-case-we sell-the-house' which turned out to be one of the smartest things we did.
And then while Hubby was looking at something boring, I headed over to my favorite HD department.
And now I gotta get to work. I did all the cutting in yesterday and part of the trim . . . . who forgot to remind me that I hate painting trim? Time to get busy with rest plus a second coat. Then I can do the fun part - rolling the walls!

18 comments:

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

Looks like you are getting settled in fabulously! I couldn't help but have the thought that you just got done painting and decorating your new house in New England and now you're at it again!! Although it must be much more fun this time because this is really, really your home- where friends and family are. Plus it's keeping you young and fit, all this moving and painting and decorating =) (wink)

JulieF1962 said...

Love your choice for the stair treads, and the paint color!

Lizzie said...

I love your bottle tree. I have wanted to plant one for many years. Not many in CA. I love them. I have a Redwood post ready to put in the ground, attach nails and hang bottles.

Sharon said...

Love the bottle tree. Thanks for the link to that website, they ahve terrific stuff!

WoolenSails said...

The new treads look beautiful with that wood. I use a hooked rug with a dog on it for my guy, not the smartest thing to use;) None of my rugs match, lol.

Debbie

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow..Daisy is one very particular canine!
I once saw a house made of bottles on PEI...it was very pretty like your bottle sculpture. I'll email you the link.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh they look wonderful! And Daisy looks happy that her rug matches! I used to have some HUGE braided rugs I got from some people in KY from a craft show. They were the best rugs I ever got! I finally had to put them in the garage. I just couldn't get them clean anymore. I wasn't sure what to do with them!

sewprimitive karen said...

oo nice stair treads. Everything looks so pretty. And a freshly-opened can of paint is always a happy thing!

Karen said...

At first, I wondered what cement had to do with planting in the garden. Now I understand. What a neat idea.

The stair treads are wonderful. I had a big braided rug in the living room in South Carolina. The stairs, though, were not finished like yours, so I could not have made use of stair treads. I love them, though.

Betty Lou said...

Busy, busy, busy, love the paint color and the stairtreads/rugs. Going to check the website out.

Perry said...

Hello there! I haven't checked on you in a good while, and lo and behold, you have moved again, and clear across the country. Glad you got to "go home" and seem to be getting everything together. I like your sewing area you are getting together.

Carol said...

Love the stair treads...and absolutely Daisy must have matching rugs...love the paint color!

my3Kitties said...

Love the turnout on your stairs!! Can't wait to see what you do with that yummy paint!

Sweet P said...

I love the stair treads. The bottle tree is cool, too.

Lori said...

The stair treads are fantastic- much better then the old ones!!

I love the color you chose for the paint.

Dawn said...

What co-ordination, dog placemats and rung - Fun.
...and FUN - what about that bottle tree! I have wine bottles in my plants - this tree is fabulous.
Your painting will be worth the work - COLOR!

McIrish Annie said...

busy, busy girl (and Hubby)!! You make us look like lazybones. Love the stair treads and your ambition to get everything the way you like it!

keep going!!!

Guðrún said...

A bottle tree, that is something I haven´t seen before, can you grow white wine on it? :) Are the bottles glued to the iron?