Friday, July 22, 2011

*ooops* Didn't quite make it. I really thought that we would put those stair treads down after dinner last night. It was easy enough to pull up the old carpets. The double-sided carpet tapes - not so much. After dealing with only two stairs, I knew that I needed to call in reinforcement. Enter my old friend -
Murphy's Oil Soap. Not my usual floor care product, but it did cut through and loosen that nasty adhesive. A thorough cleaning with a damp cloth and vinegar to remove the oil soap residue and we are ready to put the new treads down.
In other exciting (well at least to me) news.
Today I unpacked the last four boxes in the upstairs office. Up next, clear out the garage so we may park both of our vehicles in there. Hubby firmly believes that if you have a two car garage it should be used to park your two cars inside. I know this is weighing on him. The weather is great so it will be a perfect weekend project.

11 comments:

Beth said...

My husband believes the same as yours, he has our garage so thoroughly organized that we can fit the boat, my huge truck and his Camry and still move around in there. I can't wait to see your stairs when you're done.

sewprimitive karen said...

Pretty stairs. How do you attach the mats?

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful stairs. Way to hot to do anything today, even the pool was too hot.

Debbie

Shakerwood said...

At least you accomplished something with unpacking the boxes. And the stairs look very clean!

Texan said...

The stairs are going to look great with the new treads. I am looking forward to ours getting done in the knootty pine and getting some new treads! Will really dress them up!

Its always such a process to get everything unpacked.

Our garage, oh dear I am not even going there. Its actually on our weekend list as well.

AnnieO said...

Lots of good ol'elbow grease went into that cleaning project, obviously!

Congrats on emptying more boxes and reacquainting yourself with your stuff :)

My DH also believes cars belong in the garage. We are the only people on our 16-home cul de sac who park both our cars in our garage, and always have!

Candace said...

Progess is good, Libby! Soon you'll both be cozy in the garage, too - Mr. Squash's favorite room in the house!
Cheers!

Dawn said...

Congrats on the unpacking. Feels good, huh?
Love the stairs - very beautiful wood.
You're busy!

blessedmom's simple home said...

We used to park two cars in our garage, but I think that was 3 kids ago :) We still park one in there, but the bikes and extras take up the second car space. When all of my kids are here, it looks like we're having a party...so many vehicles :)
Enjoy your week, and your wonderful weather!
Blessings,
Marcia

Quilts And Pieces said...

Gosh, hope the weather is better than here. It is so HOT and SO HUMID. We are melting here!

Guðrún said...

Wow, the stairs are great. I can never park my car in the garage, it is full of motor bikes and stuff from my husband!