Tuesday, August 30, 2011

And the resurgence continues. After painting the downstairs bathroom at the end of July, I had decided to dedicate one day per week to painting. The plan was to work on the trim throughout the downstairs. Let me just say that painting trim is the just the worst part for me and I thought that if I got that done first, I couldn't just decide it would be 'good enough' and skip over it.
But as with so many things that I try to plan and schedule, painting got pushed back. That is until yesterday.
A good part of the day was dedicated to the dread task. I have worked my way of of the 'laundry hall' as well as the hallway that leads to the stairs and made my way into the sewing space (and some natural light.) First I work on the molding up top. When I get bored of being on the step ladder, I take a break to sit on the floor and work on the base moldings. I am so looking forward to rolling color on those walls that I might even paint trim for a second day this week.
Heaven knows I have found a little more time each day since the haircut.
No more planning out time in the day to get that hair dry. *hmmmmm* Maybe I should think about a new quilt project to use that extra time.

17 comments:

Texan said...

I want to paint the trim in our house. Its a daunting task to think of. I like the idea of just working one day a week or heck half a day. mmm its a thought!

When I saw you cut your hair, I wondered if you sent the hair for cancer patients. I always think that when someone cuts a lot off like that. Then I saw in the previous post you said just that. :O). That is great!

Karen said...

My grand-daughter has donated her hair a couple times to one of the programs for cancer patients.

I wish I could do painting. My body just isn't up to it any more. I dream of some color changes. My husband has shaky hands now. He will paint but there is going to be some paint in places it doesn't belong.

WoolenSails said...

I always have my hair long and this summer went to the shorter length, it really does make a difference without all that weight on our heads;)

Debbie

Dawn said...

You are a hard-hard worker girl. Painting takes a lot more than starting a new quilty project!
Love your new doo.

The Civil War Quilter said...

Love the haircut! If I lived closer, I'd help you paint. I love to paint!

Melanie said...

You're the girl with the uptown hair do!!! Cute! Just think about how awesome it will be after you finish the paint strokes.....

Quilts And Pieces said...

I hate painting ANYTHING!

Shakerwood said...

Oh, how I hate painting trim work. I've talked Dear Hubby into it the last couple of rooms. When he gets tired of it, I may have to hire someone!

Know what you mean about the hair. I have thick, longish hair (just below my shoulders) and it does take a long time to "fix" but I just like my hair longer than shorter so I do the work.

quiltmom said...

wow, Love the new haircut- looks so trendy- It looks like you are one busy lady these days. What a nice thing you did to donate your hair- My god daughters both have done that a couple of times. They have really beautiful hair too.
Have a great week.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Good for you! A new paint job and a hair cut are both good for the soul! Love it!! Enjoy~

Barb said...

Lovely crown molding!
I've been thinking of setting aside a "house" day this fall, as there is lots to do.
Enjoy your new short locks!

McIrish Annie said...

Painting is one of my least favorite projects and we tend to delegate it to fall and winter when it's too crappy to go outside.

Carry on!

AnnieO said...

Painting the doors and some cupboards has been on my list a long time. But I hate the cheap builder's trim and painted right over the baseboards in every room. Maybe if I had lovely trim like yours I would be motivated to paint it :)

The hair looks wonderful. You must feel deliciously light and bouncy now!

Candace said...

You're so brave to work on the trim, Libby! I'd rather just paint around it - lol! Love the new haircut and such a beautiful post to remember your mom!
Cheers!

MARCIE said...

Good for you and getting that painting done. Then you can get your home settled and be comfortable! Love what you Have done with your hair! Both the cutting and the donating!

Nancy in MT said...

Hi Libby, thanks for the comment on my quilt. You know those are my colors. Love your paint trim, I've been painting outside for months, probably will paint until there is snow on the ground.
Nancy

Valerie said...

I have been thinking about a haircut lately...very much like yours, but maybe a little shorter and layered in the back.