Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We are getting closer and closer all of the time. Closer to what? To putting all the finishing touches on the quilting space. Over the weekend, I helped Hubby assemble the quilt frame and get it placed in what is to be its new home.
The machine has been dropped off for servicing. After more than a year packed away in a box, it seemed like the best idea. So what's next?
Installing some shelving for store fabrics. We have some more of the reclaimed boards we used for the living room shelving. I am excited to see it all come together.There has been some sewing. I have been happily stitching blocks. But shame on me for not finishing up something (anything) that has been waiting undone. Quilter's ADD, I suppose.
Of course, I am still working on those hexagons. They were easy to pick up and move to another room while this
was going on yesterday. We had our duct work cleaned and the furnace serviced in anticipation of a few chilly mornings over the next couple of months.
Also preparations for Thanksgiving have begun in earnest.
I baked bread that is destined to become the stuffing for our turkey. We always use the canned cranberry sauce. Just can't resist that jellied mass of slippery, sliced sweetness. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it.
But making cranberry sauce is fun and easy, too. I picked up a bag of fresh berries and a GIANT jalapeno at the market yesterday. I'm going to try out making a spicy sauce to enjoy with chicken this week. I think it will be good and I won't have to worry that The Princess would be disappointed to find no jellied slices on our holiday table.

21 comments:

Sharon said...

Your bread looks delicious. I know the feeling, I started something new this week. I am weak!

Candace said...

Hi Libby! Have I missed something - store fabric? Are you going to be selling fabric? Your space is so bright and cheery! Gosh - I've never seen a duct cleaner like that - imagine the dust and crud it can remove! Your bread is gorgeous and yes - we like the jellied cranberry sauce, but your fresh sauce with jalapeno could be to die for!
Cheers!

Mary said...

There's a lot going on there. Your bread looks so good I think I can actually taste it!

KC Quilter said...

Wowie! That bread looks delicious! Do you share your recipe? And your quilting space is shaping up nicely.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Coming together and looking, very very good! There's no place like home, you always makes yours look so wonderfully warm and inviting.

paula, the quilter said...

Progress on the quilting room! Yay!
I have a recipe that I make every year that my guys do not know is a weight watchers recipe. It is a fresh cranberry and walnut salad. It is just yummy. Mum's the word on it being WW. *LOL*

AnnieO said...

My gosh, that is a very busy space with wonderful things in store for it! Your stitching time will be so pleasant in this room once everything has a place :)

Dawn said...

Your sewing space is coming along!! I bet you are looking forward to getting the machine back. The shelves will be a nice addition too.
Your cooking plans sound fabulous - Enjoy!

Barb said...

what a busy household! Your new space is going to be great.
The loaves bread look delicisou -
share your spicy sauce recipe with us - looks interesting

Jeanne said...

Your sewing area already looks more organized than mine!

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you have been very busy, never saw ducts cleaned like that before, maybe we should too;) Never heard of cranberry sauce with hot pepper, sounds good and different.

Debbie

Jeanna said...

Wow, that is alot going on but it looks as though you have it all under control. Please share your secret!

Quilt Hollow said...

Looks like your home is as busy as mine! (less the heating duct cleaning which I need to do!) I was going to tell you....the contract to sell is up with the one agent tomorrow and sign still in the yard. I wonder...will he show his face or even come get his sign? Hmmmm

Karen said...

Those piles of fabric look oh so tempting. You will be ship shape in no time now.
And I would have guessed you would make your own bread for stuffing. I want to be just like you when I grow up! LOL! I like the canned jelly type cranberry sauce too. Much better than the other.

sewprimitive karen said...

Gorgeous photos, even the duct cleaner thing. How long did it take them to do that?

Melanie said...

Forget the shelves...just mail those piles to the U.P.....:) Smart girl, cleaning the ductwork saves on allergies and fire hazards--- and cooties...

Lori said...

The new place will be awesome once it is all organized- it is coming right along.
Yum, the bread looks good..

Old Glory Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving Libby and family.

Thanks for answering my question about the long arm. I also have a Juki and wondered if you were going smaller in this new home. My dream is to own a long arm so will look forward to what projects you will be stitching on next.

Emily Gail

deb said...

omg I LOVE your kitchen!!!!!!!!
and that bread...yum!!
I LOVE the canned cranberry sauce....the jellied only...not Thanksgiving without it!!!!!! when I used to go to my moms, she always made it fresh, I always brought a can....lololol

Stephanie D. said...

The sewing space is going to be terrific!

Holy cow, that is some powerful duct cleaner! Good thing you don't have a cat or small children.

Wendy said...

The pile of fabric looks inviting. You'll be more productive when you have some shelving. I love making my own cranberry sauce but never thought of adding chilli pepper.