Monday, January 09, 2012

C is for Christmas. First up - Christmas past, the one that just passed.
For several months, I teased pictures of the progress of this quilt. It has been pieced, quilted, bound and even labeled for some time. And on Christmas morning it went to its new owner The Intended (formerly known as Boyfriend) While I don't honestly believe that he spends his free time reading my blog, I didn't want him to happen on a revealing post over The Princess' shoulder. On Christmas morning I happily gifted him the quilt and then IMMEDIATELY asked for it back so I could use it for show and tell . . . . welcome to the family!
Now for Christmas present,
which came in the form of a little package from Cathi of Shakerwood Quilts. She very sweetly sent me a kit of her hand dyed wools and one of the new Christmas designs by Cheri Payne. Want to pick up some delicious hand dyed wool of your very own? Check out Cathi's webstore.
As a bonus, when I walked into Fat Quarters Quilt Shop last week, one of the very first things my eyes landed on was a kit of the cottons for the very same design.
Now for Christmas Future,
I plan to join Cathi this month (as as many months as it takes) on Rudy Day to work on this project with a hope of having a new Christmas quilt for 2012. What a fun way to keep Christmas all year long.

16 comments:

Paula TheQuilter said...

I am sure the Intended will enjoy snuggling under his new quilt with the Princess.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful quilt and I hope you give it back to him, lol.
Beautiful wools and nice new fabric, fun to plan ahead and be able to have new things for next year.

Debbie

KC Quilter said...

Lovin' your alphabet theme! And lovin' that gorgeous quilt you begifted (is that a word???) The Intended! Lucky him to be coming into your family!f

Texan said...

Great quilt! Have fun with your new goodies!

Kathie said...

well I just love that star quilt, how lucky is he????
what size is the quilt?
this would look great hanging in my living room in red and green!!!!
thanks
off to check out Rudy's Day!
Kathie

Lori said...

The quilt is awesome and I bet he loves it!!
I love wool and look forward to seeing your projects!!

Dawn said...

Intended's quilt looks quite handsaome and I like it on the fence ;-)
You have a fabulous plan for 2012 and such wonderful supplies to dip into - looks like GREAT FUN.

Shakerwood said...

Now that I see the wool and the fabric together, I can see it will be one cute little wallhanging for next year. Enjoy!

Candace said...

OMG - the Intended must have been so happy to see his gorgeous quilt! Great job, Libby! Love the wool, too!
Cheers!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love boyfriend's quilt! It is dramatic and amazing!

deb said...

yummy gift!!!
I would not be able to give that quilt away:(

Jeanne said...

It a wonderful quilt! Love the selection of wool and fabrics. Have fun making this quilt.

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh that Christmas passed quilt is stunning! I am sure the Intended was suitably impressed! Love the selection for the next project!!

Karen said...

I like the new name for The Boyfriend. He gets a quilt and your daughter. A good bargain.

MARCIE said...

GRRRREAT QUILT! I hope The Intended loves it! It is striking! Happy Birthday to Daisy also. Wow--where did two years go?

Valerie said...

OH my goodness Libby. I haven't been reading blogs for a while so I'm catching up. This is STUNNING. Stunning isn't even the word...it's, BREATHTAKING. I haven't felt that way about a quilt in a very long time. You have such great taste and I adore everything you create. Beautiful. :)