Friday, January 20, 2012

F is for Forgetful. I pulled out the BIG box of scraps last week while working on the next section of Folk Art Gathering. Now it's true that I haven't gone through that box for over a year now - well prior to our move. While I expected to be delighted at the sight of some old fabric friends, I did not expect to find this:
A nearly complete little quilt top. A design by Cheri offered on her blog during the holidays in 2010. It lacks only the embroidery embellishment (see E for Embroidery and you'll better understand.)
What I don't understand is this:
To be perfectly honest, I don't even remember making it. Though I know I must have. Everyone of the fabrics is from my stash. Another design by Cheri, it lacks only a quick wool applique on the wide black border before quilting.
These finds really brought home to me what a fog I was living in for all of 2010. I'm so thankful that the only fog in my life now is the marine layer that comes in from the coast. That's my kinda fog.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Fog. The brain's way of protecting us from overload? Glad your mental fog has lifted and you've discovered some nearly complete quilt tops to boot! Fog has set up camp here and I think it intends to stay awhile...keeping my eye on the white line, lol.

Quilter Kathy said...

F is for fog...so glad it's lifted and you are finding some amazing projects to finish up. Now I think the fog is rolling in over my way!

WoolenSails said...

Love both pieces, now you can finish them.
I like the small quilts, fun to do and fun to hang around the house.

Debbie

Candace said...

What darling little quilts to have "found", Libby! You're already ahead for 2012!
Cheers!

Melanie said...

I read this piece earl;ier in the week. Save it till snow for a comment. I remember as a little girl-- In the 3rd grade...My mom had to go back to work..That first summer with a baby sitter...my Mom taught me embroidery . It was a printed pillow case. I remember crosstitches, chain stitches stem stitches. All of them. I even remember the JP & Coats threads were nany blue, orange, read and green. Those stitches have stuck with me....

deb said...

Im so jealous, I wish I could pull out some almost finished Cheri quilts....lol

Lori said...

So glad you are out of the fog and you found your little quilts!

AnnieO said...

Nearly finished finds--those are great treasures to reward forgetfulness :)

See you tomorrow!