Monday, February 27, 2012

O is for Oscar. . . . THE award show of the award show season and the one we most look forward to watching from start to finish. Beginning with the very early red carpet pre-show on E!
By turning my sewing table, I was able to peek down the hallway and keep up on the chatter. When the stars began arriving, Hubby and I settled ourselves in for the long haul. We had our favorite movie snacks -
Red Vines and
Popcorn. I love popcorn, probably more than anyone should. Daisy and I share a bowl almost every afternoon. Popped right on the stove, the old-fashioned way - I cannot stand the microwave variety. Smells great but disappoints every time.
Sushi for dinner during the big show.
From a favorite local spot.

Yeah for Billy Crystal! With his return to the helm, the show was once again fun to watch. Congratulations to all the winners.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Hooray for award shows - I thought it was great.
You know how to eat right!
What? no bubbly?
xo

Stephanie D. said...

Do you know, for over 30 years I never missed a show. But the last few events have been boring and worse than mediocre, so last year and this year, I did not bother to request off.

Of course, after the schedule had come out, and it's too late to change it, I found out that Billy Crystal will again be the host. AAAGGGHHHH! Fortunately, hubby DVR'd it for me, so I will watch it all tonight.

Quilter Kathy said...

We really enjoyed the show also...loved Billy Crystal!

AnnieO said...

It was a good show! The Cirque de Soleil portion was amazing, as all their acrobatic shows are. I love popcorn too but have to be very careful not to eat too much--it plays havoc with my stomach.

quiltmom said...

we had some PVR problems that will not be rectified until the weekend so the television would cut out every 15 minutes usually in the middle of something important like the announcement for best picture. I have not seen any of the films except the Help( which I loved) so I don't know if the results were correct. One never knows how the voting should go but I was happy to see both Meryl Streep and Christopher Plummer win the Oscar. Viola Davis was fabulous in The Help but it was an ensemble cast. I have long been a fan of Meryl Streep since her beginning in Kramer vs Kramer.
Real popcorn- a girl after my own heart.
Have a great week. Warmest regards,
Anna

Dawn said...

Looks like the perfect setup.
News tonite said people 'of a certain age' were tweeting asking who Billy C is...

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love how you're working through the alphabet!

And popcorn from the stove is the only way to eat it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

My parents gave us an old-fashioned type PC Popper and it is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the Microwave variety... I had forgotten. Glad you have fun "at the movies"!

deb said...

I watched from begininng to end and SO glad BIlly was back!!!!