Monday, May 21, 2012

Is there anybody out there?  It has been a long time - a rather unintended blogging break, for sure. A heartfelt thanks to those that have emailed to check on my whereabouts and health. Truth be told, I have felt for a while that I may well be running out of things to say.  What!?  Me!? That can't be true, but it seems that may well be the case. 
A quick check with the calendar shows that what seemed like a few days absence has, in fact, been five weeks.  FIVE!  Wowza.  But those weeks have been full ones for sure. I had a delightful field trip to The Getty with some of The Pals.
Added a great new ABC book to my collection that day.
Hubby and I spent an afternoon in Balboa Park.  At the Museum of Photographic Arts where we caught the Charles Phoenix Retro Slide Show.  Charles is always delightful.  I urge you to check out his show if he comes to your area.  And last weekend we caught Roger Waters performance of The Wall.
The tickets were Hubby's birthday gift.  An interesting evening because it was a performance and not simply a concert.  I didn't understand half of what was happening, but let me tell you - there was PRODUCTION and plenty of it.  Hubby enjoyed it immensely and that's what matters here. 
We even fit in a couple of days at The Happiest Place on Earth.
We have also been on a weeks long journey to paint our bedroom and bathroom.  Had we buckled down, kept our noses to the grindstone - we could have finished in a couple of days.  Instead we chose to only work on weekends (which have been filled with all manner of other fun)  So by the time we got started, it was usually time to clean up.  Closing in on the big finish, I am to paint the doors to the bathroom vanity today.  Even more exciting though is the purchase of some new pieces of furniture.
Nightstands and a cabinet for things like quilts and books.  That the pieces are totally mismatched appeals to me in every way.  This is a FAR cry from the decidedly 70's look of our former pieces.  Next we take on the guest room.  With our first summer guest arriving in early June, we will have to be on our game to get it finished or Dear Guest may well be handed a paintbrush when she arrives.
The garden is flourishing (no pics) And we have started up our worm concern again.  These worms are direct descendants of my original herd.  When we left California, they joined up with the worms of a friend who gifted me with a wonderful boxful of their progeny. 
Daisy just loves the worms and thinks they are hers.  She fairly skips along side of me when we go out to add scraps to their bin.  And I laugh all the way.
Speaking of darling Daisy, she reminds me to keep at quilting, too.
I am making this quilt as a gift for our real estate agent.  Everyone in their office has been so helpful to us in our dealings of selling and buying homes, but one agent in the office in particular has really been there walking us through all the steps.  I saw this kit at Fat Quarters and just couldn't resist.  Hoping to be stitching binding tonight while watching tv.
So there you have it -  five weeks in a nutshell.  I make no promises, but I'll try to be around a little more often.  Now to get those doors painted and buy a gallon of guest room paint.

28 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I've been feeling the same way about the old blog. Really just too busy living life to stop and blog about it. Are those worms the ones from Massachusetts?

love your furniture choices right up my alley and the quilt for the realtor is fab. outside of your color box and style for sure!

I am heading the happiest place on earth east coast edition in a couple of weeks with my sis! Can't wait!
btw, if you keeping beating me at words with friends we may not be for long!!! LOL! see you on the board

Julierose said...

Welcome back, Libby! I have been "slow to blog" myself; must be this weird weather....I like that peek at your agent's quilt--looks lovely..Julierose

Linnie Quilts said...

Glad to hear all is well; you have been a very busy girl ... but all good things. I watched 60 Minutes last night and they were talking about "The Wall" production; looks REALLY cool. I think they're coming close to this area ... if so I'll have to check out tickets.

Karen said...

See, you did have something to write about. I enjoy reading about your worms, Daisy, and all the rest.
I checked out the quilt pattern. Perfect for someone who sells real estate.

MARCIE said...

Maybe we are slowing down. Nope, that can't be it! Maybe we have lots to do! I haven't been blogging as much either, but sure am glad to be able to catch up with old friends again. So glad your worms are back and that Daisy enjoys them. what a dog!

Dawn said...

Love your furniture finds - and best wishes on the painting. Very wise to sprinkle in all those fun things.
Daisy is just the cutest girl - how fun to see her in quilt mode. I thought the worms were her pets?

WoolenSails said...

Sometimes we need a break and take time for ourselves. The weather has been nice on weekends, so I have been enjoying some paddling and might be able to do longer trips down the bay, this year.

Debbie

Lorraine said...

Love your new furniture pieces. Painting...something I dislike a lot....great idea to break it up and only do it in small "doses". Darling Daisy....so cute!

Paula TheQuilter said...

I'm going to echo both Marcie and Annie when I say that I've slowed down too. I've noticed that in the warmer weather around here life gets busy with yardening and camping and work and ...

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

I used to live in San Diego, haven't thought of Balboa Park in a very long time. Had a little surgery at the Naval Hospital a very long time ago.
Daisy is the cutest, love her fascination in the worms.
I have some painting needs in my future, I do need some nudging to get started. Your new tables are wonderful, love their character and charm.

Gail said...

I'm glad you're back! I was just wondering yesterday if you were gone for good!

Quilter Kathy said...

Still here...hanging around, wondering how Daisy must be keeping you busy! Glad she is keeping your nose to the quilting grindstone :)
Love your new house quilt...what a wonderful gift!
Show us your garden when you have time - it will encourage those of us who have nothing growing yet!

Dixie said...

So glad you are back! I love the little wigglies in my beloved compost pile too. They are fat and well loved - not going to name them quite yet... Your new quilt project looks wonderful and the lucky recipient will love it! Jamie's wedding was beautiful - you have your daughter's to look forward to!

Nancy in MT said...

I can't believe you went to see Roger Waters and the Wall. Love him and Pink Floyd and their music, never heard of them until Jim played me their music. The man is like 68 years old and still performing. There is a message behind his music.

AnnieO said...

This time your blogging break is because you're too busy having fun in your new home and return to your friends and family--instead of being isolated and lonely on the East! Glad your time is filled and happy :) How go the wedding plans?

sewprimitive karen said...

There you are! That ol' Daisy is so happy about the worms! The ABC book has a nice cover...are all of the letters about something in art?

Synthia said...

Yep. I've been wondering about you. Glad everything is okay.

Candace said...

Thanks for the update, Libby - I was just getting ready to email your whereabouts! You and hubby and Daisy are having so much fun it's no wonder you've been on a blogging break! I'm skipping with glee that your worms are back in production - next maybe garden pics?
Cheers!

Cathi said...

You were missed. Glad to see you back.

deb said...

Glad you are back..I have missed ya!!!!!!! we are sqeezing in some Disney time too before we get blacked out for a couple of months!!!!

Diane said...

Good to have you back. Missed ya!

NanaNor's said...

Hi, I think we all go through a point, so more often than naught, of wondering what to blog about that would be interesting to others. I can tell you I love reading about your days and love seeing your refurbished cabinet and table. Loving dogs & quilts as I do, I always enjoy coming here. Glad your back; have a wonderful weekend.
Noreen

Melanie said...

I just figured you were enjoying your summer.... Love the Daisy snapshots.... She kinda looks like a "girlie girl"...Glad to know she's not "too cool" for helping with the worms....Where'd you put your latest red quilt?

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patchysails said...

I changed my blog several times and finally I decided I just want to show my quilting stuff. It makes it easier than coming up with something clever to say right ?

Sewing Sue said...

If you had a "Like" button I would push it. Nice that you're back.

Kathie said...

good to see a post from you but I understand sometimes I feel like that too, nothing to really say or share and sometimes life just gets too busy!
Love that daisy reminds you to quilt!
what a great gift, must have been fun to make a bit out of your norm, but I enjoy doing that once in a while too!
Kathie

Karen said...

glad to see you back (like me- it's time, heh??). Love the house quilt! Good choice, lucky agent....