We also finished putting our own bedroom and bathroom back together again. One of the things that we did was remove the ginormous mirror over the vanity in the bath. You know the kind that builders just glue up to the wall to create the illusion of space. In its place we hung two vintage mirrors that we had in the house already.
One of those was poached from the dining room, creating the need for something to replace it. We went to Aaron Brothers and picked up a stretched canvas. Using a dry brush method, I applied some black wall paint and a wood stain.
Next we put in some small eye hooks and strung picture hanging wire across the front. A package of postcards depicting vintage scenes of the town where we live and some mini binder hooks pulled it all together.
Voila! I felt so artistic. I'd love to eventually change out the postcards for vintage family photos. But first I want scan and resize them. It wouldn't be good to subject the originals to just hanging around.
Another thing we are doing - slowly but surely is replacing the window treatments all around the house. What was here was serviceable but not exactly our cuppa. As we replace what we don't care for, we have been donating the unwanteds to places like Goodwill. And then . . .
I needed to stake up this VERY enthusiastic tomato plant. Suddenly the curtain rods that just made me crazy in the house became the best tomato stakes . . . ever! I do love to repurpose things.
The days are busy. But it is a good busy and I like it just that way.