Tuesday, September 04, 2012

There is precious little time these days for things like blogging.  By way of explanation, this is Max -
Max is an oak ice box that is porcelain lined and HEAVY.  Max has been a fixture in our dining room for over 25 years.  Whenever we have moved, our very first decision is the placement of Max because once he's in place - he stays put! 
Someone was very clever to leave room underneath to place a drip tray for the melting ice and to get a dust mop under there for a good cleaning from time to time.  That opening is NOT very big -
just shy of 4 inches at the highest point.
So rather than writing blog posts or leaving comments, I am doing things like coaxing a growing puppy out of a spot I fear she may get into and grow just enough that she can't get back out again.  In just two weeks, she has gained 50% of her body weight - making this a rational fear on my part.  I keep picturing Winnie The Pooh having to lose weight to become unstuck from Rabbit's hole.  I don't relish a similar scenario here at home.
I'm trying my best to keep up with posts in Google Reader, but leaving comments just doesn't fit into the few minutes between rushing outside to go potty, stopping a naughty puppy from chewing an unauthorized object, and so on and so forth before I can even think about things like laundry, shopping and fixing meals  . . . puppies are not for the easily tired, that's for sure!
I know this phase will end, maybe not as quickly as I would like at this point - but stick with me, I'll be back.

21 comments:

Melanie said...

Don is off today: Conversation: Don, did Ripley have any accidents?

Don: Well, no. But I've been on my game...I keep taking him out.

Me: Well, that's Good.

Don: It's safe to say that I'M potty trained whether Ripley is or not!!!!

I say block the hole until he's too big too get under there anymore....

Have fun with that baby...

Pokey said...

I'm giggling at the puppy, AND the picture of Pooh, so cute! Maybe you should stuff the space with a telephone book o keep her occupied with trying to chew it rather than getting stuck!
:-}pokey

WoolenSails said...

I agree, maybe placing something in front of the opening like a large draft dodger or door stoppers?

Debbie

quiltsbycheri said...

too fun.....just try and keep up with quilt class too!!!!

Milah Frost said...

Yes...puppies are a lot of work, but it'll be worth all the effort!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love that Icebox and can understand why it stays in the same place due to weight. For some reason, I missed that you got a puppy and I'm wondering what breed? Our little guy Hunter is now 9 mos and I'm loving that he is maturing a bit.
Hang in there, you'll have time again to visit and blog.
Noreen

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh yes....puppies do love to monopolize your life!!

AnnieO said...

Of course you don't have time for blogging--you are both a new mom and a mother of the bride. Hope life settles down in a month or two :)

Susan said...

oh, she is sooo darling. reminds me of when our cats were tiny. We spent a lot of time trying to keep them out of mischief and rescuing them when they got into a tight spot. I think I would put something there to block up the opening for a little while. Seems like she's looking for a cozy little place to hide--maybe you could make her one that's safer. :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

She is so sweet... I agree with the "block the hole" crowd. Best wishes, these days will be over before you know it and you can rest then~ ;)

Claudia said...

Those little pups really take LOTS of time and attention..... Now when I think back of the 6 months I sat at the dining room table watching all of his moves....and never went in my sewing room...that was 4 years ago now - and it was all worth it. They grow so fast. Enjoy !

Shakerwood said...

I can only imagine what kind of predicaments she will get in to before she's too big to get into some tight spots!

Dawn said...

Too cute. That Larkin is a sweetheart.
Enjoy it - it goes by so fast. Thanks for sharing with us non-puppy owners ;-)

patchysails2000 said...

Does the icebox hum ?? or vibrate ? maybe baby needs the lull of a soft humming safe place?

MARCIE said...

Oh how funny! You have your hands full there. Love your ice box too!

Loris said...

Larkin is a good one keeping you on your toes. Hope she didn't grow too big before you got her out...and then quick stuffed it with something to keep her from going back in. Hang in there, it is a full time job but you can do it :-) Such an adorable pup!

Kim said...

Isn't it funny how baby pups look a lot like Eeyore at times? 50% body weight gain...somebody is doing her part to bring Larkin up to speed. Has she started chasing her tail yet? I have! It's BUSY here. Happy training!

Carol said...

That is so cute...I remember when the boys used to scoot under our bed and then one day they couldn't get under there...they had the funniest looks on their faces.

Candace said...

Rough going for a while, Libby, but you'll have the best companion ever before long! Puppy is very lucky to have you both!
Cheers!

Sweet P said...

I hope the puppy training is coming along well! Puppies are a lot like little children.

Stephanie D said...

One day her ball will roll under there and she'll realize she doesn't fit anymore. THEN you have to get down on your knees and get it out--again and again and again! lol

BTW, what do you keep in Max?