Friday, October 26, 2012

I have a confession - I am a shameless thief!  In my previous post, I shared some photos from the wedding day.  Photos from my camera, which I put away before the ceremony began.  So over the last couple of days I have been skulking around Facebook stealing photos that family members have posted.  I should feel bad (and I do a little bit) but without them, I would not be able to share this precious moment.
As he is walking The Princess to her waiting Groom, Hubby is telling her her favorite *knock knock* joke in order to keep the tears at bay.
Nor would I have this sweet shot of The Happy Couple during their first dance.
 
(just look at all of those cell phones - I have some more Facebook friends to visit)
They chose for their dance (she also walked in to an instrumental version of the same) I think it's a perfect choice.
So a BIG thank you to Aunt TLP for letting me snag these to share.  And now back to work that I can call my own.
I've started quilting the hexagon stars, simple straight lines from side to side. I think I'm really going to like the end result.

13 comments:

jill said...

I did not notice the cell phones at first, but then you mentioned them...oh how funny. Times have changed!!!

I admire you for hand quilting your hexagon quilt!!!!!

blessings, jill

anne bebbington said...

Surely it's a given that the mother of the bride spends all the time at her daughter's wedding keeping the emotional tears at bay - she has no time to be taking photos - that's exactly what everyone else is there for - surely that's an unwritten understanding :) Hexagons looking gorgeous

Darlene said...

Beautiful picture and story.

My hubby did something similar with our daughter - he asked her if she wanted to skip down the aisle and they could sing "Skip to My Lou". LOL Needless to say she did crack up.

Carol said...

What wonderful pictures...sweet story!

Angie said...

Oh Libby, these are just so sweet and special. I'm so glad you're sharing them with us. :) Can't wait to see the quilted finish of this quilt.

Barb said...

The wedding photos have been beautiful! Blessings to the new couple! And blessings to you and your husband too, you must be so proud.

WoolenSails said...

I did the same thing, stole them from her relatives since they were posting after the wedding and I wouldn't see them for weeks, lol. I like the side to side quilting. I always go around each one, which takes forever.

Debbie

The Civil War Quilter said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful day! I never would have thought of the side to side stitching for that quilt. I too go around each hexagon. Good idea, can't wait to see the finish.

Candace said...

Such a sweet photo of father and daughter walking down the lovely "aisle"! Thank goodness for modern technology and a little innocent "thievery", Libby!
Cheers!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a lovely post...a celebration of love, and of hand quilting!

AnnieO said...

Being in a wedding definitely means you don't get to take photos from afar! These are great shots and I'm sure your friends don't mind your sticky fingers :) Beautiful!

Guðrún said...

She looks Beautiful!

Dixie said...

Beautiful pictures of the happy day! Your hexagon quilt is fabulous, and if I know you, it will be finished before we can say "shazam!" Always enjoy visiting your blog!