Friday, March 08, 2013

  dab·bling

noun \-b(ə-)liŋ\
: a superficial or intermittent interest, investigation, or experiment 
Merriam Webster has described me to a tee.  Lately I have definitely been dabbling.  I have however managed to frame the punch needle piece in time for our final puppy class this weekend.
We have enjoyed the classes and the trainer very much but it is time to take a break from classes and just spend some time putting into practice all that we have learned.  Perhaps with a few months maturity under her collar, Larkin will go back for her Canine Good Citizen certificate and then who knows?
For the time being our young charge likes to employ her free time with this activities such as foraging in the yard for things unknown. 
I've done a little bit of sewing.  Remember those 'toad toes'?  They are being attached to the 'toad bodies' and becoming blocks and in turn should become a quilt top soon.
In the meantime, I've taken on another blogging endeavor.  You can check it out here, if you care.  Just something silly that lets me play with the camera, try a few things out, and fulfill my joy in sharing the banalities of my everyday life.
Okay, I'm off to see where the wind will carry me next  . . . .
   


 

12 comments:

Kathie said...

give him a few more months and I bet she will put all those things she learned (and you did too!) into play and behave! The gift came out wonderful I hope the trainer loved it too!
Kathie

Angie said...

She is just the cutest thing ever, Libby. :D

WoolenSails said...

Your piece came out wonderfully. I enjoy switching projects, it gives my hands a rest from repetitive use.

Debbie

Karen said...

Toad toes sounds like you should be making a stew. We used to eat at a restaurant that served frogmore stew. I thought for sure it had frogs in it but it did not.

annie said...

love the punch!
love esp. your little friend, nose down! gerat blocks too, have a wonderful weekend!

AnnieO said...

Totally adorable in the frame. Hard to give away, isn't it? Larkin's puppyhood seems to be going just fine. Glad you are dabbling in sewing and shooting and punching and blogging :)

Cathy said...

I love the dog picture. Adorable. Yay...the toad toes are great. Hugs

The Civil War Quilter said...

Love the toad toes blocks. can't wait to see the quilt. Remember..."a little dab will do ya!"

45th Parallel Quilter said...

Busy, busy, busy girl!! All so much fun, too! Love the photog blog ... have it bookmarked!

Barb said...

Larkin is such a beauty. Your needle punch turned out great.
have fun with your pup

Loris said...

what a great gift! Your 'dabbling' really looks good :-)
Love the feet shots!

Kim said...

I love your needle punch! It turned out very nicely and what a fabulous gift for Larkin's trainer. Good you enjoyed another round of puppy training. Your backyard play area looks green and lush...move over Larkin! Happy sewing. Has the fog rolled out by now?