Monday, April 29, 2013


Holy cow!  Is it possible that after nearly seven years of blogging I have run out of things to say?  Oh, I do crack myself up.  Of course, I will never (NEVER!) run out of things to say.  Instead I've just lost my way in finding a good balance of living life and sharing it with the world.  So during my recent blogging exile I have been keeping busy.
Remember the 'Fat Quarter Project' that started at the beginning of the year?  First up was the Envelope quilt.  Then I started stitching up those 'Toad Toes'.  Oh those things took a L-O-N-G time to put together.  But finally they resulted in a finished top.


I must confess that I chose ultimately to make my top smaller than the model.  It was a controversial yet wise decision on my part.  Honestly, those blocks were starting to make me dislike quilt making very much.
Once I got that top off of my to-do list, I quickly began the next quilt of The Project.
  
Called Red Cross 9 Patch, it turned my sour thoughts on quilting around.  I started making 9 patches in the morning and by early afternoon had myself a top!  Seriously good for the quilter's soul.
There is no rest for the weary though.  Because I drug my heels for sooooo long with those Toad Toes, the next Project quilt was already being worked on by several of the pals.  
 
The parts are stitching up quickly 
   
Now I have Turnstile blocks to be set into a top.  Fun! 
Also keeping me away from the computer is Larkin.
 
She has perfected her 'Can-We-PuhLeeze-Go-For-A-Walk" look.  I am happy to oblige.  The weather has been perfect and tourist season has not yet started.  What's not to love about getting out and enjoying the scenery? 



23 comments:

Cathy said...

I missed you. Love the projects you are working on. Hugs

Sharon said...

Sounds like life is good, I'd love to see where you are at with your hexi star quilt. Love the 9 patch red cross, and no worries about making something smaller, every quilt is not destined to be a queen or a king.(in more ways that size!)

WoolenSails said...

I see you are keeping busy, making more beautiful quilts. I love going for walks before the summer crowd takes over.

Debbie

Taryn said...

Haha! I enjoyed your post. I like that green and scrappy top you made. Love Larkin's face - they do have sweet looks, those Goldens.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Libby, I totally understand trying to balance life with blogging. Seems my blog list keeps growing and I could easily spend half a day reading everyone's posts. Love your projects!
Have a great afternoon.
Noreen

Doniene said...

Life is always a balancing act! I do appreciate your perspective!! Love your projects!! The Turnstiles are especially cute! Love the background fabric!!!

Blessings

45th Parallel Quilter said...

Glad you're back! Linda

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Happy to see you posting again and what beautiful show and tell!

Paula, the quilter said...

Glad to see a post from you. Spring is here, too. One day it is 80 and the next day it is 39.

Melanie said...

Oh how I've missed your posts. Obviously, laziness is not in your vocabuLary...great job on the projects..

Quilt Hollow said...

You were missed. Ok...your post were missed! Fun surprise to see your happenings. Enjoyed

AnnieO said...

Happy you still pop up with lots to say between walking, cooking, sewing, and school. Great quilts!

Karen said...

The Red Cross quilt will be good for display from Memorial Day on through Labor Day.
Good to know you are finding time to sew. Are you still taking Spanish lessons and the photography class?

McIrish Annie said...

Glad to see you still are working the fabric! Larkin - so cute. might as well enjoy the nice weather before the dreaded tourist season.

Candace said...

How we missed you, Libby! Both quilts are so you and so wonderful! Larkin is looking all grown up nose, too!

Kim said...

Bravo! So glad you saw those Toad Toes to the end and have that wonderful quilt as your reward. Red Cross turned out well. I'm happy to hear that Larkin is keeping you on your feet. You have a unique and enjoyable community to explore, every single delightful day!. Lucy is happy to be visiting her favorite places by the lake this week.

Lori said...

This is the time of year where blogging takes a back seat to getting outside. Love your latest projects!!

Dixie said...

Great to see you back! Love your newest quilt tops! Missed you.

Barbara said...

Missed you and Larkin.

MARCIE said...

Toad Toes? Seriously? Love the quilt but the name troubles me for some reason. Ha ha! Love your 9-patch also. Good to see what you are up to!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh what a sweet face I don't think I could say no to walkies with those eyes looking at me :-)

Love your quilt with the toad toes... Interesting name but pretty quilt.

suz said...

You have certainly been busy - I will never be able to look at that block without thinking "toad toes"!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love that Red Cross 9 patch quilt!