Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Still no quilting content to share. This summer just doesn't seem to be 'The Summer of Quilts'. The quilt pals don't get together to stitch in July and August. It seems that the social aspect has become a key ingredient for me.
In the meantime, Hubby and I signed up for the Tinkerbell 10k next January. We have been walking regularly since his surgery last fall putting in 3 to 5 miles a day 5 to 6 days a week.
Hubby was once a runner - cross country in high school, USMC pft's, numerous 5k, 10k, half and full marathons. Me, I don't run - ever and I don't intend to start now. Yet the lure of a tutu, glitter, and Disneyland call to me. Walking is allowed but there is minimum pace. With six months still to train, I made the minimum pace today! I may be the last person to cross the finish line, but I will cross it - no doubt in a cloud of pixie dust and a triumphant smile.

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am not good with running, but i can hike for hours, so I am sure that I do an equal distance on occasion. I just don't notice it since I am having fun hiking and enjoying the views;)

Debbie

Cathy said...

Good for you!! I'm not a runner either but I've done several 10k over the last few years. I turned 65 last month and just signed up to do my first 1/2 marathon on Labor day weekend!! Keep up the good work!!

Sharon said...

What a perfect plan, you will have so much fun in the training and in the actual event!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I'm tired just reading about it!

AnnieO said...

That's a very popular race--some of my gal pals signed up for it too! But they are runners, which, like you, I am not and will never be! Congrats for getting up to pace already!

Diane said...

Good for you walking is so good for us. Don't forget to
gather up some of that pixie dust while you're walking!!

Dawn said...

That's great!
You are so good with goals.

McIrish Annie said...

Keep on truckin' mama! sounds like fun. A gal at my gym did it last year and brought in her medal. so cute!

FYI, have you found a way to watch PR now that you are sans cable?

I have it dvr'd for the weekend.

Karen said...

I will cheer you on from my comfy chair.

suz said...

sounds like great incentive! You should be in fantastic shape in 6 months!