Monday, October 14, 2013

Maple vinegar, ever heard of it? I had not. Even with the great popularity in the last few years, balsamic vinegar is not a flavor I clamor after. But I've given up creamy dressings like blue cheese and ranch to make way for healthier vinaigrettes.
I stumbled on the maple vinegar by accident just a couple of weeks ago. You can see from the photo how much I have enjoyed using it.
My new, go to dressing that adds the flavor of fall to a green salad or a quinoa salad is equal parts good olive oil, maple syrup and maple vinegar. Bon appetite!

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

That sounds good but another thing I cannot eat. I made my dressing with lemon juice and safflower oil. I make it creamy by using my handmade mayonaise, which has lemon too. I use dill weed and garlic for flavor.

Debbie