Thursday, February 13, 2014

Freezer Soup

Busy days are ahead, but I don't want to lose sight of good nutrition for Hubby and me. I was pondering how to have a couple of good dinners and a packable lunch without dedicating any time to shopping or the kitchen.
A quick perusal of my freezer brought my attention to some items that have been on hand for a while. I pulled them out, added some chicken, chicken stock, a tablespoon or so of herbs 'd Provence all to the crockpot. I'll throw in some fresh spinach closer to dinner time. A quick squeeze of lemon juice and a grate of parmesan for garnish *voilà*

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is one way to do it, lol. I had Bill make a roast chicken Sunday, then yesterday I made a big pot pie with the leftovers. I like having foods I can cook and eat without having to cook every night.

Debbie

suz said...

I've noticed Alexia advertised a lot lately - how do you like their products?

MARCIE said...

You are quite the cook on the run! Plus you have ingredients I have not ever purchased before. And it looks good!

Libby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.