Monday, February 10, 2014

Sometimes you just have to look for the silver lining
We got home late last evening from a weekend away from home.  The house was a little chilly.  I went and flipped on the furnace to heat us up a little before bed and went about unloading and unpacking only to realize that it never came on.  *grrrr*  I should have called for the annual service a couple of weeks ago when the reminder card came in the mail.   Silver lining - we have lots of quilts to keep us toasty warm until the repair guy can get out here.
I set aside today to take care of an abundance of errands all over town.  My next-to-the-last stop was to see about making an appointment for an oil change later in the week.  They were able to fit me in today.  Mini-silver lining - I walked to Starbucks for an Americano while I waited to get my wheels back.  On the return walk, I got a call from the auto shop  . . . bad news.  The threads on the oil pan came out with the plug when they got ready to drain the oil.  Now I need a new oil pan - cost of parts and two hours labor will make my bill significantly higher than my original estimate.  Due to the late hour, they cannot get the part and complete the work before the end of the day.  I'll get my truck back tomorrow.  Mini-silver lining - I was wearing sensible shoes today, making the unexpected walk home a non-issue. Silver lining - Hubby cannot work late tonight.  He has to pick up Larkin from K-9 camp for me.  I love that we can have dinner together.
In my last post, I promised some quilting.
I am not as far along as I would like.  I had hoped to have the quilting done and be stitching the binding down, but I do have it layered and ready to go.  The quilt is for an extended family member who is expecting their first baby.  Silver lining -  baby is not set to make his arrival until later next month.  So I still have time to put on the finishing touches.
And last but not least, I've succumbed to adding word verification for comments.  The amount of spam I have been getting lately has become burdensome and bothersome.  Silver lining - if you just can't stand word verification, you can still read my posts and just move on without comment.  I will understand.

8 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I am getting lots of spammy email. :( but not a lot on the ole blog so I turned off verification but left moderation on.

Kim said...

iPad challenged as I am, I still intend to comment one way or another. Figured out to set auto lock and shut off swipe close and poof, comment sent.

Kim said...

"Like" Comment moderation better than word verify.

Dawn said...

Bummer on all that mechanical auto stuff.
Love seeing your quilt progress. Lucky babe.

WoolenSails said...

I cannot believe it got cold enough in Ca, to need heat, lol. The quilt looks wonderful and will be nice to have a special gift.

Debbie

Diane said...

silver linings everywhere-love your attitude. Lucky baby to be getting such a happy quilt!

TLynneP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TLynneP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.