Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Another long-term project recently landed in the finished column.  I began working on A Penny Saved in October 2007. In various fits and starts, I completed the top in fall of 2011. After getting started on the quilting,  it got shoved to the side for reasons I no longer recall.
Sometime in August I pulled it out and got to work. In just one afternoon,  I had the quilting done.  On to the binding and in a blink of an eye - it was on the bed.
I have loved everything about this quilt from the beginning,  the pattern, my fabric selection,  the primitive running stitch appliqué I chose to do. At last it can love the completed quilt!

9 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

What a great quilty finish!

Jenny M said...

Well done! How pleased you must be with finishing off a UFO.

WoolenSails said...

I do love that quilt and love the idea of doing a penny quilt and using up stash.

Debbie

Dawn said...

Congratulations!! It is a wonderful quilt. I too love everything about this one.

antique quilter said...

oh I would love to see a picture of the whole quilt, please ! I remember this quilt as you were working on it back when!!!
you are on a roll finishing things, good for you!
Kathie

Lori said...

Congratulations! It looks like a fun quilt to make.

Juliann in WA said...

Love that quilt too!

AnnieO said...

Love it when quilt mojo keeps the finishes coming! Great quilt :)

MARCIE said...

What a great quilt! I remember when you started it. I don't have any projects from way back then--hahaha! Good for you Libby!