Friday, October 03, 2014

I am endlessly fascinated with the backs of quilts. When I was a little girl, I loved to pull one over my head. With light shining through, the seams looked like the leaded lines in stained glass. (Okay, I confess I still do this today.)
Today I cannot stop looking at the back of the hexagon star quilt. Heaven knows I've looked at the front for a REALLY long time. I am again fascinated, this time with the little diamond shapes that appeared after the fabrics and batting shrank up in the wash.
I quilted straight lines down the center of each row of hexagons. How that turned into little diamonds will keep me looking at both sides of the quilt for a long time to come.

6 comments:

Gayle said...

How YUMMY!

Beth Aalberts said...

Very pretty!

WoolenSails said...

I think we all obsess with our quilts after we finish one, lol. I still need to finish my hexagon tree skirt, have a feeling it won't get quilted this year;)

Debbie

Melanie said...

I love it!!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful job. I've watched you work on this piece, I even started a star. It hangs on my wall, one lone piece. I used too big of hexi's. So thrilled to see you have yours finished. What a journey that is stitched into this piece. Congrats to you!

Lori said...

What a fun back!