Friday, October 10, 2014

Yesterday for the very first time in my life,  I cooked a turkey that was not a holiday meal. It felt a little uncomfortable because it was 'just' a turkey - no stuffing, no mashed potatoes and gravy, no cranberry sauce, no green beans, no rolls, etc.
There was a nice salad, some butternut squash and that delicious turkey for dinner. The carcass is simmering away in the crockpot becoming delicious rich broth for soups. Dinner tonight will be the leftover squash casserole.  And joy of joys - today's lunch is my all-time favorite turkey sandwich!
I must do this more often.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Sometimes I like just turkey and nice for leftovers too.

Debbie

AnnieO said...

Turkey on rosemary sourdough with avocado. ....

Paula, the quilter said...

I have been buying turkey breast tenderloins oh yum. Roasted or grilled.