Sunday, November 23, 2014

My fabric stash saved the day! We are about to paint the exterior of our home. Choosing colors was a bit of an agonizing process.  I want color, the rest of the neighborhood is pretty neutral.  Finally settled on the gold for the body of the house, terra cotta for trim and green for doors/accents. We made selections from paint chips and brushed on some samples.  That green just wasn't right (the lightest).  So I dug through my fabric for the shade I wanted (the darkest). Prep work begins tomorrow.  This time next week, we should be bathed in color!

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those are going to be gorgeous on the house, love the combination.

Debbie

annie said...

good for you!
want to see the finished house!

suz said...

should be beautiful!

Lori said...

Lovely!

Dixie said...

Your color choices sound wonderful, and its fun to see a house in the neighborhood that dares to be a bit different! Looking forward to seeing a pic once its finished. When I first looked at your paint samples, I thought you may be going with camouflage at first (ha!) Hope you and your family have a great thanksgiving!